Menu
johndesty
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can't connect to network when abroad

On the last two occasions when I travelled through Europe, I was unable to connect to any network either automatically or manually. On the first occasion I was using a ZTE phone and secondly my current LG Spirit. I am going on a humanitarian aid mision to Kosovo in a couple of weeks and want to be certain that I can use my phone to call home and if necessary in case of an emergency. I have checked that data roaming is on and International barring is off, is there any other setting that needs altering or can Virgin do something that will make the sim card pick up a network?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't connect to network when abroad

Hi johndesty,

the best advice would be to call customer services (free on 789 from your mob') and just have them check that roaming is active on your account (for voice/text and data) before you leave the UK.

Here is a useful help page from Virgin: Taking your mobile abroad

Also make a note of their UK support line (just in case Smiley Wink): +447953 967 967

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't connect to network when abroad

Hi johndesty,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. Sorry to hear that your roaming didn't work on previous trips abroad. It's certainly understandable that you want to make sure this doesn't happen again. It's great to see that AlexKid has given you advice about this.

You can also check out the following post: HELP GUIDE - Mobile Data Roaming for Pay Monthly / SIMO Customers

I've double checked that roaming is all set for your pending trip. Hope you have a great trip. Please get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos