Menu
Moobutt
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Can't connect to network in Hungary

Hi.
I'm currently working away in Hungary and my phone (samsung S6 edge) won't connect to any available networks (there are 3 available) with each one saying my Sim restricts access.
I spoke to someone in the virgin media shop before i flew out here and they assured me i didn't need to do anything and advised me of the rates etc.
Is there a way round this? As I'm currently paying for a service that isn't being provided.

Cheers
Dave
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't connect to network in Hungary

Hi Dave,

If you log in to your account > click on  the "Plan and device" tab from the row near the top of the page.

Go to "Manage my services" check that "Roaming" is set to ON & "International call barring" is OFF

(Pay monthly customers need to have been with Virgin for three months to activate roaming).

If this was your problem and you have to change the setting. Allow time for your account to update then reboot your phone by turning it off & on again.

If you are still unable to use your phone you may be able to use the web chat option to speak to an advisor starting from here: Help and Support - Contact Us > Mobile > Mobile not working > Chat online.

The advisors are often busy though so you may not get connected straight away.

Or to call the Virgin Mobile UK support line from another phone: +447953 967 967

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos