Menu
ada_nita
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can't cancel mobile SIM order

Hi,

I've just ordered a SIM only 30 days rolling contract with Virgin that I would like to cancel. As I just received the SIM in the mail (4 days after the delivery date stated on the email correspondence) and know I want to cancel, I haven't activated it at all (it's still in the box). I called to cancel the order and was told on the phone that there's nothing to cancel and won't be charged at all unless I activate it. And also, if I do decide to activate it after 3 weeks, that's when the service starts and will be billed from.

Is the above true? Somehow I can't believe it is that simple and asked this a few times to the customer service rep...

I just found out I have to pay for another 30 days with my current provider (notice period) and so would like to postpone the number porting by about 3 weeks without having to pay 2 contracts during this time.

PS: On your website it says the welcome pack comes with a cancellation form that can be used within 14 days if you change your mind. Mine didn't have any...

Thanks in advance!

Ada 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't cancel mobile SIM order

Well make sure you use your PAC code a couple of days before the end of the 30 days or you might find they sneakily try to charge you 30 more - it happens.

Your PAC lasts 30 days so get it about 10 days before the end of your cancellation period. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you out of contract with your current provider? If so just get a PAC code now. Your contract will end when the number is transferred and not at the end of 30 days

0 Kudos
ada_nita
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The notice period of 30 days is still going to have to be paid at the contract monthly rate... I might as well use the service by then.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Well make sure you use your PAC code a couple of days before the end of the 30 days or you might find they sneakily try to charge you 30 more - it happens.

Your PAC lasts 30 days so get it about 10 days before the end of your cancellation period. 

0 Kudos
ada_nita
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I will do that enlli. I will take it that my above understanding in my post was correct Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
ada_nita
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I just received a note at home informing me that I have an overdue balance to pay for the Virgin Media SIM I never activated!!!

More than that, during the cooling off period I called Customer Service AND also confirmed on this forum that I don't have to do anything except let you know that I want to cancel. Which I did, in both places!!

Don't want to point fingers, but someone is really bad at Customer Service!

Just update your records accordingly.

Thanks,

Ada

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ada,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that you have an overdue balance. I want to sort this out for you Smiley Happy 

So I can do this, I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos