Menu
Dioxin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't cancel a package due to Virgin Mobile "technical problems"

When I need extra data I text "BUY 1GBDATA" to 789789 to get 1GB of data for £5 which lasts a month. Toward the end of the month I get a message saying the package will renew shortly and to cancel it "text CANCEL to 789789 before this date". I have tried this repeatedly. I've also tried "CANCEL 1GBDATA" which has worked in the past but in either case I get a text back saying: "Sorry, but we are having technical problems and can't do that for you at the moment. Please try again later." This package is about to renew now and I don't want it. Can you get your "technical problems" sorted please so I can cancel this before it renews?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't cancel a package due to Virgin Mobile "technical problems"

Hi Dioxin,

give customer services a call, free on 789 from your mobile.

They should be able to cancel the bundle for you Smiley Happy

What Virgin Mobile tariff are you on?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Dioxin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I hate the inconvenience of having to phone someone when a simple text should work. I'm on the 8p tariff from years ago. I rarely make phone calls, the phone is only used to receive calls and access the internet and the only texts I send are to Virgin to buy and (try to) cancel packages.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dioxin

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues cancelling this bundle.

It's a few days since you posted, I just wanted to check if you've been able to get this sorted now or if you still require some assistance?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Dioxin
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mark,

the problem was never sorted.

I repeatedly sent the relevant CANCEL messages and received replies that there was a technical problem. After a few days I did get different replies including one that I had no bundle to cancel.

I assumed this meant the bundle had finally been cancelled but on the day it came to renew I received a message saying my new bundle couldn't renew as I didn't have enough credit.

Clearly, the messages were misleading and I did still have this bundle.

Fortunately, my low credit on the phone means I wasn't charged and subject to the hassles of claiming back the money.

I'll just use what little credit I have left and move to another company. I can't top up or I suspect the £5 bundle will immediately re-start!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dioxin,

you'll be OK to top up in three days time as Virgin will only make two more attempts at collecting payment and adding your bundle:

" we will make two further attempts to invoice you or collect payment (as applicable) in the following three days. If we are still unable to invoice you or collect payment (as applicable) your Bundle will be cancelled and will not be provisioned."

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos