Menu
Jenonnet
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can't access my MMS message on my smartphone, won't accept ID/password

I have a smartphone which accepts picture messages. For some reason I've had a text message telling me I've got a picture message and giving me a password. When I put my phone number in the required field, prefixing it with 44 but leaving the 0 out and then put the  password in they gave me, it won't accept it.

I've tried several times but it just won't have it and now it's blocked me!  Why am I getting this in the first place when I have a smartphone that accepts picture messages? It's a nuisance to have to keep going onto the VirginMMS site to retrieve my sent pictures and even worse when it doesn't work!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't access my MMS message on my smartphone, won't accept ID/password

Hi Jenonnet

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with picture messaging. What handset do you have? Have you always had to login to our website to retrieve your picture messages or did they previously come straight through to your handset?

Regards

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Jenonnet
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and it has always brought picture messages in but for some reason it chooses to direct me to the VirginMMS site now and then and it's very annoying.

Are there any settings that could have been accidentally turned off that I need to put back on?  I've checked through everything I can find related to picture messages but all seems ok.  I'm getting fed up of trying to access my pictures on the VirginMMS site when it won't accept the log in details, even though I know they are correct.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenonnet,

you could try clicking here: Phone Settings , select your phone from the list > Setup Picture Messaging.

Enter your mobile number and the security measure then get the correct settings to your phone.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
Jenonnet
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks AlexKid, I have done that, although it was done before, but I've done it again just to make sure I'm up to date with the correct settings. I tried to send myself a picture but it wouldn't work so gave up trying that.

I still don't know if it will work yet, will ask my friend to send me a picture message tomorrow and see what happens.  Appreciate your help. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenonnet,

apologies for asking but best to check... You do have an active mobile data connection on your device?

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
Jenonnet
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlexKid

Yes I do have an active mobile data connection on my phone. It is always on but when I'm at home my mobile automatically connects to my Wi-Fi.

I have just asked my friend to send me a photo message, so will see what happens when she sends it.

This still doesn't explain why I can't log in to VirginMMS to retrieve the photo sent to me and apparently there are a lot of others who are having the same problem, so it would be good to get it sorted out.

0 Kudos
Jenonnet
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My friend has just sent me a photo from her Vodafone mobile and it's come through with a link instead of the photo, so the updated settings didn't work..... back to square one again then! Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenonnet,

sorry, I can't think what else to suggest. Hopefully Dave will pick this back up with some ideas.

As you've seen for yourself, collecting a picture from: https://virgin.mms.ee.co.uk/virgin has always been problomatic Smiley Indifferent

Something you may wish to consider for the future is using a service such as WhatsApp.

Its free (compared to an MMS charge of 40p) and easy to send pictures and video.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
Jenonnet
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlexKid

Thanks, I have asked people sending photos to use WhatsApp or Messenger instead but there are always the odd few who forget or don't use the other apps.

Thanks for your help, it's appreciated.  Pity Virgin can't get their act together and make their service usable.

0 Kudos