Menu
Laura8
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can't Register

I am trying to register my pay as you go mobile so that I can top it up online. I am currently outside the UK so cannot call. The website keeps telling me:

Sorry, we haven't been able to register your account.

To continue registering, please give us a call on 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone or 0345 6000 789* from any other phone. *Please note standard charges apply. Please check with your network operator for rates.

. Not only am I not in the UK right now and can't afford a long-distance call, but I don't currently have enough money on my phone to make a call to register the phone when I return to the UK. There are no help options other than calling (the chat feature is perpetually busy). Please help!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Register

Hi Laura8,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're having some difficulties with registering the phone. Are you able to call us on +447953967967 from any other phone regarding this?

If not, calling us on 789 from your Virgin Mobile will be free of charge when you return.

The team on the phone may need to verify some details before your account can become active.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Laura8
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks! Could you tell me the details they'll need so that I can have them ready? I only use this phone when I travel to the UK (about once a year), and I set it up about 9 years ago, so I might have to do some digging for old info. I'm only looking to register because my top-up card is expired, and I can't figure out another way to put money on it. The phone still works perfectly!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Laura8 Smiley Happy

I think I know what the problem is here.

A sim will be deactivated after 180 days of non usage. If the sim hasn't been used in that time, this could be why you're unable to activate it. Give us a call and we can make sure that this is the case. The team will need your full name, mobile number and the password you set up on the account.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Laura8
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I don't know if that's the issue. I only use it once a year (and I've gone 2+ years without using it in the past), and the phone itself still works fine. I used it in Oct. 2014 to receive calls with no problem and was even able to text once or twice-- I just couldn't make any because I couldn't top it up. It's gone 180+ days without use for many, many years.

Do you mean the password that I used to access the forum here? I've never had another account. This is the first time I've ever tried to register it. When I bought it, there was no online component, just a top-up card that I would take to the shop. I believe it expired in 2013 or 2014.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Laura8 Smiley Happy

If you've never registered the account with us, you'd need to give us a call on the above numbers so we can amend this.

I personally think this may have been deactivated but the team can give the final verdict.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Laura8
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks! I will do that! And there's no info I'll need to dig up to have ready? Once I'm in the UK, I won't have internet access (well, won't have a computer). The phone still works, it's just the top-up card that's expired, so I don't think it's been deactivated. If it has been, I'll be in big trouble!

0 Kudos