Menu
UKCassy
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can somebody sort my mobile not working abroad!!

Rang Virgin prior to leaving.. parters phone working mine not..stranded! New number only 2 weeks ago.. help! This was supposed to be SORTED!!!!!! It says my Sim doesnt allow roaming or something..
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
oldgit
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can somebody sort my mobile not working abroad!!

This is also a worry for me as I'm off abroad on Sunday.If you can get to a computer and get into your account and switch off international call barring and see if that helps.

0 Kudos

All Replies
rayhipkiss
Rising star
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but your only option to solve your issue is to give Virgin a call to explain your situation. Unfortunately this user forum can't resolve this kind of problem.

0 Kudos
UKCassy
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Lovely thought. I would love to do this. Unfortunately my phone is UNABLE to make ANY calls and i am 7000 miles from home!!!!
0 Kudos
oldgit
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This is also a worry for me as I'm off abroad on Sunday.If you can get to a computer and get into your account and switch off international call barring and see if that helps.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi UKCassy,

Thanks for posting.

I can see a few members have been helping you out already which is greatSmiley Happy. It appears you have posted your issue here as well which I have already answered for you,

I think oldgit has hit the nail on the head as it sounds as though you need to turn off international call barring. I've explained in my answer on the other thread how to accomplish this.

Let us know how you get on. 

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
UKCassy
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen- chedked immefiately. International call barring is off. Roaming is ON. The message keeps saying that "my SIM doesnt support this".
0 Kudos
UKCassy
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Its a bit stressful really as neither work nor my relatives can get hold of me, and at £1.50 a minute i cant call from my partners phone.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi UKCassy,

Thanks for your reply.

It sounds as though everything should be setup although there maybe something network side that needs to be looked at for you by our mobile team. 

As has been mentioned previously I would recommend calling our team on +44345 6000 789 so we can do some checks over the phone and get this sorted as quickly as possible. Appreciate this call is chargeable but there isn't much else I can suggest at this point.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
UKCassy
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen. Would call but cant use phone and hotel charges exorbitantly prohibitive!!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi UKCassy,

Thanks for your reply.

Appreciate what your saying about the call charges,

I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope, top left hand side) so I can get this looked into for you.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos