Menu
Li1MissChrissy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone help?

Hi i recently bought an iPhone 6s three days ago, my Virgin contract sim worked fine in it until this morning where now it won't call out or text? I put my sim in a different phone worked fine, I put a giffgaff sim in the iPhone that worked fine, anyone know why it's doing this?
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can anyone help?

Are you showing any network reception?
Li1MissChrissy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I have full signal
0 Kudos
reeso
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try resetting your network settings (Settings, General, Reset)

Li1MissChrissy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've tried that no luck Smiley Sad was told to check the imei apparently it's been blacklisted. The original owner has blocked me so I can't contact her. Don't understand why my giffgaff sim works fine in it, but the virgin sim won't work at all. Surely if blacklisted no sim should work?
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Li1MissChrissy wrote:
I've tried that no luck Smiley Sad was told to check the imei apparently it's been blacklisted. The original owner has blocked me so I can't contact her. Don't understand why my giffgaff sim works fine in it, but the virgin sim won't work at all. Surely if blacklisted no sim should work?

Depends how quick the network adds it to their banned list. I suspect giffgaff will get round to it shortly

Looks like you have been part of a scam that is all too common. Someone sells a phone then a few days latter reports it lost or stolen and picks up the insurance.

0 Kudos
Li1MissChrissy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is there anyway I can unblock it?
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No all unblocking is via Apple they are very keen on it, you have a brick it seems, was it an eBay purchase if so claim via them, if they still resolve mobile phone issues like this
0 Kudos
Li1MissChrissy
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It was bought through someone off Facebook, they blocked me so I can't contact them.
0 Kudos