Menu
AVGVSTVS
Dialled in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Can Virgin Mobile blacklist 700046812 Premium Text

I have just found out that my monthly mobile bill has more than doubled due to 4 unwanted premium texts @ £4.50. I am understandably angry this has happened. I urge my provider to blacklist the number 700046812 before I receive any more. 

Already I'm charged £4.50 for this month and I do not want another chalked up this weekend before I reply STOP, STOP ALL or STOPALL.

At £4.50, its daylight robbery.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can Virgin Mobile blacklist 700046812 Premium Text

Hi AVGVSTVS,

I'm afraid that Virgin aren't able to block these premium texts for you.

The EE number checker shows this information:

The number you checked belongs to:

• Short code number:60077
  • Service description:Competition Subscription Service
  • Contact details:03330030581 or customer.service@imimobile.com

This service is provided by SP Two and managed by IMIMobile.

Texting back “STOP ALL” should end the service or contact them directly and ask to unsubscribe.

If that doesn’t work you can complain to PhonePayPlus - 0300 30 300 20
They are the UK regulator for premium rate SMS.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
rodbrown1949
Dialled in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I am being charged £4.50 each, for calls from 700046812, but I do not recall actually receiving these texts! I have tried to text STOP or STOP ALL back to this number, but it is not recognised, nor is the short code 60077! I have tried the PhonePayPlus site, but get an 'oops' message , so cannot raise a complaint! 

What else can I do to resolve this problem? I have registered my mobile number with TPS, but do not think it will stop premium texts, plus it takes 28 days to come into force!

0 Kudos
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Firstly, double check you've got the short code (60077) correct on your text.
Beyond that the weekend may hinder you but try making contact with the company via the details AlexKid has provided above.
0 Kudos
Gilbert66
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have EXACTLY the same problem as the original poster. I don't remember subscribing to these texts, I tried texting back STOP ALL to the text number and to the correct Short Code (which I double checked) and both texts failed to go through. I cannot believe that Virginmedia are unable to offer a better answer to this issue. Very unsatisfactory.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gilbert66,

as they are subscription based service, providing some sort of content such as news, games, competitions etc.

You will at some point have needed to sign up (perhaps you did so accidentally, e.g. not ticking a box or clicking on something by mistake).

You should try contacting them directly using contact information provided by EE's Third Party Services Checker .

Usually Virgin are unwilling or unable to help but in this thread: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/How-to-stop-charging-SMS-texts/td-p/3117592

they were very helpful so try giving them a call and let us know how you get on.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
rodbrown1949
Dialled in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I am now getting premium texts from Unknown Premuim Texts at £4.50 a time! I suspect that it is from the same number as below, but I do not know how to identify it and cannot find anything on the VM site! In addition, I am now getting texts for lesser amounts from 66299.

Can anyone help identify the short code? And also can anyone point me in the direction of getting a number, or name for my premium text? Would appreciate any help!

As I suspected, my registration with TPS, did not help at all!

As I said in a previous post, I am really looking for VM to resolve these problem, but though the post was months ago, I have had no response from them. Once again they seem to be ignoring the customer and abrogation their responsibilities! Much more of this and I will cancel my account and go elsewhere for my mobile service (and that includes my TV, Internet  & phone package)!

Very frustrated user!

15 Jun07:47Premium text receivedUnknown Premium TextsNot included-£4.50
15 Jun07:47Premium text receivedUnknown Premium TextsNot included-£4.50
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If you are on a contract look carefully into you bills month by month, you should see a text to a 6 digit number, Send STOP or STOP ALL

0 Kudos
rodbrown1949
Dialled in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

J0hn, I am on a monthly contract, but my bill actually shows' Unknown Premuim Text! No number is given and I have searched all aspects of the bill, both online and on the downloaded .pdf! The only capability I can find for that entry is to rename it, but first I need to know who it is!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Rod you need to go farther back to before the first of those messages, a six figure number should be there, it's easier if you filter the bill to show on those entries where you paid extra, it should be charged at standard text rate

0 Kudos