Menu
Linda10
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Can I use my pay as you go phone in usa

I have a pay as you go smart phone need to use it when I arrive in usa can I use my sim or will I have to buy one over there

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I use my pay as you go phone in usa

Hi Linda10,

you’ll need a triband or quadband phone for the USA.

As you say you have a smartphone I would guess you're OK but Google the spec's for a definitive answer on that one.

Before you go, log in to your Virgin Media Mobile account > click on  the "Plan and device" tab.

Go to "Manage my services" > check that "Roaming" is set to ON & "International call barring" is set to OFF

Also, check your phone's settings to ensure that roaming is enabled on the handset.

You can see call costs: HERE

They're not cheap so you might want to consider using another SIM if your phone is unlocked.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I use my pay as you go phone in usa

Hi Linda10,

you’ll need a triband or quadband phone for the USA.

As you say you have a smartphone I would guess you're OK but Google the spec's for a definitive answer on that one.

Before you go, log in to your Virgin Media Mobile account > click on  the "Plan and device" tab.

Go to "Manage my services" > check that "Roaming" is set to ON & "International call barring" is set to OFF

Also, check your phone's settings to ensure that roaming is enabled on the handset.

You can see call costs: HERE

They're not cheap so you might want to consider using another SIM if your phone is unlocked.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos