Menu
beckyboo1986
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can I use a SIM only plan in Philippines?

I am looking to switch from O2 as pay monthly to a SIM only deal with Virgin however I want to check that I will be able to use my phone abroad?

I'm going to Philippines in April and would like to use wifi and possibly data abroad. Is this possibly with a sim only deal?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I use a SIM only plan in Philippines?

You can use this for checking call cost and coverage while abroad, Philippines is covered OK, but I would not like to pay those prices :-)
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=BROWSE_TOPIC&SELECTED_BROWSE_TAB=porta...
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
beckyboo1986
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks yes I agree it's very expensive!! Ideally I'll just use Wifi but if I have to send an emergency text every now and again, I want to be able to do it.

I just read a few threads saying people couldn't even use their phones abroad so I was worried. I assume I have to call up and activate roaming or something ahead of travelling?

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Checking for roaming is set up OK, can be done with your online account, ringing 789 and using a automated service or ringing 789 and speaking to a advisor.

I usually check about a week before going away and have not had a problem, apart from data not working in France last year - which was sorted out OK after a quick call.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos