Menu
BrianF49
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Calls to this number are STILL barred!

It has been well over a week now and, despite it apparently being a priority one issue, calls to 074 numbers are still barred. Virgin have blamed the porting system despite the fact that those affected have not ported the numbers they are calling from or which that are attempting to call. They have attempted to pin the blame on the Plusnet servers despite the fact that calls to Plusnet, Co-op mobile and Giffgaff networks have all been barred by Virgin at the same time. 

There has been no effort by Virgin to alert affected customers to this problem, nor to provide updates, nor to give any indication of a target to get this fixed. Instead it has been left to forum users to repeatedly raise the issue in the hope of getting a resolution. I am seriously disappointed with Virgin over their handling of this issue which in reality amounts to Virgin charging for a service they are failing to provide. How about providing:

a) An explanation which fits the facts which your customers have reported,

b) An honest estimate of when the problem will be fixed,

c) Progress reports from Virgin in a sticky at the top of this forum so that forum users don't have to constantly raise the profile of the issue.

That's not asking much is it?

BrianF49
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calls to this number are STILL barred!

Hello Virgin,

Any chance of a meaningful response to my post above on what is an important issue to some of your customers?

0 Kudos
ntlcableuser
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

and the issue with charging your customers for texts to those numbers which is the only way they can contact them

Note ASDA - another EE reseller like plusnet and VM have no issues calling these numbers,

Plusnet, EE itself and Tmoble using EE also seem to have no issues calling these numbers.

0 Kudos
brownbloke
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Agree wholeheartedly that this service from Virgin is less than useless. Messages to them on Facebook say they are working on it. Two weeks and counting now for us during which we have not been able to phone our children.

Let's hope they compensate is well - but I am not holding my breath about them fixing this issue or in giving compensation, so it looks like moving to Plusnet or someone more competent than Virgin.It might be quicker! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi BrianF49,

Sorry that continues to be a problem for yourself and many of our customers.

I can confirm the issue is still being investigated by our incident teams and I assure you it will be fixed as soon as possible, however there is no timescale on when this will happen and if that changes we will let you know.

If charges are appearing on your bill to the numbers affected, please get in touch with customer service to have those charges correctly removed from your bill.

We appreciate this is a frustrating situation especially given the time of year.

Kind Regards

Liam

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
BrianF49
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Liam,

Thanks for the reply. You are right, this is a frustrating situation. At the weekend I had to use a second phone with an O2 sim to stay in touch with my grandson. I'm pleased to say that I had no problem getting through to him on an 07422 number with O2.

It is hugely disappointing that after all this time an apparently "priority one" issue is still no nearer a solution and that you cannot provide a timescale on when it will be fixed. Other users of the forum have said that similar problems in the past have taken months to resolve and that is clearly unacceptable.

I was able to ring an 07422 number for six months with no problem until about ten days ago when calls suddenly became barred without any warning or any publicity from Virgin. Even when the present problem gets fixed what is there to guarantee that it will not happen again in the future? I want my phone to "just work". It seems that the only way to be sure of that is to move to another provider and that is what I will be doing.

0 Kudos
CQ20
Up to speed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This type of problem isn't new to Virgin. They had a similar issue with 07398 (IIRC) at the beginning of 2016 and it took them ages to sort it out. It was very annoying because Vodafone, and O2 numbers could get through to the 07398 numbers, which were issued by EE but Virgin couldn't even though it was running on the EE network 

0 Kudos