Menu
CJT-80
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Calls to 084/087 Numbers

Hi there, 

I am hoping someone from Virgin Media can confirm this.

Since you have introduced 4G now all your call plans have no inclusive calls to 084/087 numbers, where as before the 4G launch these were included.  Is this correct?  If so why has this changed?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Calls to 084/087 Numbers

That page is for the old 3G plans. The new 4G plans start at £6, not £5. Your need to force refresh the page in your browser.

If you've got a 3G plan that includes calls to all 08 numbers you'll keep it whilst you're on the 3G plan.

However if you move to a 4G plan, this allowance will stop as it's not part of the 4G plans.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Calls to service numbers: The cost of calling 084, 087, 118 and 09 is formed of a combined access and service charge: we set the access charge and the company you’re calling set the service charge. Your access charge for these numbers will be shown on your bill and is currently 36p per minute for Pay As You Go and 45p per minute for Pay Monthly. The service charge will be advertised by the company that you are calling.

Calls to other non-geographic numbers: Freephone calls starting 0800 or 0808 are free from mobiles. Calls to 0500 are free. Calls to 08, 0870 and 070 numbers will cost you up to £2.50 a minute in the UK.

i hope this helps

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
CJT-80
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

David, 

Thank you I am aware of the "costs" of calling such numbers, my point was it was "included" in the Sim Only plans right up until the magical "4G" moment... 

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

you think the other way on talk more anytime with the phone line you get them included i think it was used a few years ago untill new plans come out and removed it like a year ago i don't think they will change one plan and not the other

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
CJT-80
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am sure, because when I was signing up with VM for my broadband and TV the lady on the phone offered me mobile.  The deal was £8 per month 1000 mins to 01/02/03 and mobiles unlimited texts PLUS 1000 mins to 084/087 numbers.  I even checked on the Mobile page whilst I was on the phone.  I only didn't take it at the time as I didn't have my debit card on me to do the checks... 

Now they launch 4G and it's vanished! 

WBW Virgin Mobile 17-10-16.JPG

Quick edit, just so I can prove I haven't lost my marbles... there is the deal £10 and upwards.... 

Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That page is for the old 3G plans. The new 4G plans start at £6, not £5. Your need to force refresh the page in your browser.

If you've got a 3G plan that includes calls to all 08 numbers you'll keep it whilst you're on the 3G plan.

However if you move to a 4G plan, this allowance will stop as it's not part of the 4G plans.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
CJT-80
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr Thank you... !

You have confirmed that as part of the "change" from 3G to 4G Virgin have removed the allowance... Sadly this means I won't be joining Virgin Media for it's 4G plans... I just wish I had signed up before they removed the allowance :-(
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi CJT-80, 

Welcome the the Virgin Media Community. Thanks for letting us know how this will affect you. We are always looking for ways to improve the service we provide so thanks again for taking the time to get in touch with us.

This service has been removed since we made changes to our Tariffs. Keep an eye on the SIM Only sales page as our Tariffs will change from time to time to try and improve our customers experience. 

Many Thanks 

Mike 

0 Kudos
CJT-80
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Mike, 

Thanks for the message.  I do hope that Virgin Media see the sense in keeping minutes that are available to use for 084/087 numbers.  Sometimes there is NO way to escape calling them as you cannot find an alternative. 

The allowance was extremely generous, it was effectively the same as your regular allowance.  If this was amended and for instance included some of the allowance (say 500 mins) for 084/087 calls this would be amazing! 

Let's hope someone at VM marketing sees this and thinks again. 

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If calling it via 4G Pay Monthly Sim Only, I take it that it won't come from the airtime balance, if that's right how much is it to call via as above?
0 Kudos