Menu
lloydsdragon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Calls to 07452 number

When I try to ring my daughter on her new phone I receive message saying calls to this number barred. I believe some companies see this number as being from the Isle of Man which it is not, I have international call barring set and do not want to change this. Does anyone know how to sort this or is it a case of waiting for Virgin to catch up with Tesco and realise  that it is registered to Hutchinson.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Calls to 07452 number

07452 numbers are shared between multiple operators:

I suspect Virgin can't get their heads round this. They have enough trouble mapping new numbers on UK only networks

07452 0.....Manx Telecom (Isle of Man)
07452 1.....Manx Telecom (Isle of Man)
07452 2.....Manx Telecom (Isle of Man)
07452 3.....Manx Telecom (Isle of Man)
07452 4.....Manx Telecom (Isle of Man)
07452 5.....Manx Telecom (Isle of Man)
07452 6.....Manx Telecom (Isle of Man)
07452 7.....Three (UK)
07452 8.....Three (UK)
07452 9.....Three (UK)

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

07452 numbers are shared between multiple operators:

I suspect Virgin can't get their heads round this. They have enough trouble mapping new numbers on UK only networks

07452 0.....Manx Telecom (Isle of Man)
07452 1.....Manx Telecom (Isle of Man)
07452 2.....Manx Telecom (Isle of Man)
07452 3.....Manx Telecom (Isle of Man)
07452 4.....Manx Telecom (Isle of Man)
07452 5.....Manx Telecom (Isle of Man)
07452 6.....Manx Telecom (Isle of Man)
07452 7.....Three (UK)
07452 8.....Three (UK)
07452 9.....Three (UK)

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lloydsdragon,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message,

I would like to help and ask if your daughter's network is ours? If so, please let her know he can contact us. Also I would like to ask if you're seeing this on any other number?

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
lloydsdragon
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Her number is with ID 074529 which uses the Three network. Hers is the only number I have a problem with though I can ring her on my husbands Tesco phone (not charged as international). 

She is now requesting that her old number is ported over as her autistic son is also on Virgin and needs to be able to easily contact his mother. She has been told that the problem is with Virgin not recognising these numbers as UK.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

lloydsdragon wrote:

Her number is with ID 074529 which uses the Three network. Hers is the only number I have a problem with though I can ring her on my husbands Tesco phone (not charged as international). 

She is now requesting that her old number is ported over as her autistic son is also on Virgin and needs to be able to easily contact his mother. She has been told that the problem is with Virgin not recognising these numbers as UK.

Hi lloydsdragon,

this new number range hasn't yet been added "mapped" onto Virgin's system.

Here is the response from a VM employee regarding this: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Call-barring/m-p/3177320#M67008

"When a new number range is released these need to be checked in order to make sure that all the numbers in the range are valid. Until this has been done, the range is blocked. We do this for our customer’s protection. We understand that this process can be lengthy and apologise for any inconvenience this may be causing."

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lloydsdragon,

Thank you for your information, it does seem to be what AlexKid has quoted from Terri here. Although this isn't the best in terms of timing, it's something that we are working with and will continue working on to bring these new ranges into the fold.

I'm not aware of any time scales for completion and will try to find out for you and feedback here.

Many thanks for coming in and thanks all for your input.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos