Menu
CQ20
Up to speed
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Calls to 07398 are barred ?

We have 3 Virgin mobiles (different accounts), 1 EE mobile and 1 Tesco mobile.  We have a visitor who has bought an EE PAYG SIM beginning 07398.  All three Virgin phones block it ("Numbers to this number are barred) but the EE and Tesco numbers can call it without any problems!

Any ideas why Virgin are blocking it?

0 Kudos
marklala
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calls to 07398 are barred ?

Hi. Same problem. Both my kids are on EE and I can't call them from my virgin mobile.

0 Kudos
CQ20
Up to speed
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,  There is another post mentioning the same problem with Virgin barring 07399 numbers.  It seems like EE released a new range of numbers and Virgin hasn't added them as valid numbers to their database.  I can confirm that I can call these numbers from EE (not surprisingly!), O2, Tesco and Voda.  It seems like only Virgin is barring them. For me it is easier to get a PAC and swap my monthly rolling contract from Virgin (to anyone else really!) than it is get the person I'm calling out of their EE contract.

0 Kudos
marklala
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I agree. Though our Virgin contract is coming to an end so will probably Join the kids on EE. also, EE, O2, BT etc all supply access via 4G. No sign of virgin doing that for a while.

0 Kudos
NoisyBird
Just joined
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Having the same problem calling my nephews new EE phone although when I called 789 the service assistant said there was nothing wrong and did not mention this. Quite new into my contract so will be making a complaint.
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Another one where the staff are 'ignoring' a post.

This is a real problem if VM cannot even sort out making phone calls to another mobile number, when other service providers can.

2 weeks, and nothing from the 'staff'?? Are they not supposed to reply 'within a few days'?? 

Appears that they are now choosing which posts to reply to (ie, the EASY ones) and 'ignoring' the REAL problem questions (which they don't have an answer for, and are not interested in finding one for!!) 

The inability to call other mobile numbers that are accessible to other networks means they are not providing the service that we are paying for!! 

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

Sorry if this has gone on with no reply.

The reason why 07398 numbers cannot connect is because its a new number range that needs to be mapped on our network.

These numbers are planned to be added to the network range early this year . As of yet there are no specific dates for this to be added only " early " this year
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
LynneB
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My husband and I are both on Virgin PAYG and we both get the same permanently barred message /can't phone our grandson on Three 07399.... Is this the same issue?

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi LynneB

I am not aware of this issue myself and its the first I have come across it personally . Im not sure if this is a new number range or if its just an issue with the line.

Maybe someone can post something with more information if they have the same issue
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
marklala
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi LynneB

According to the information I have at hand, Virgin have not added these new number ranges yet. Although there are plans to do so soon, there remains no date for virgin mobile to catch up with the rest of the mobile community. I myself, along with my wife, will be leaving Virgin mobile in the next day or so, as we can't phone our kids at the moment. I do stress though that this problem is limited to actually phoning. You can still text the barred numbers from your Virgin mobile.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos