Menu
ozbozcat
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Calls barred

My calls are being barred to my sons new mobile number which starts 0793 and my wife who is also on Virgin mobile is exactly the same - texts are also being barred. I rang Virgin who said that there must be a lock on his hand set. He has checked, I have checked and even gone into the EE store (his provider) who have also checked - all fine.

Is there an issue when new numbers are rolled out on other networks that causes Virgin to think they are premium numbers and auto bar them?! Can anybody help with this as we cannot call our son at all! So far Virgin help has been anything but!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Calls barred

Hi ozbozcat,

the new EE number range 0739 hasn't yet been added to the Virgin Network system.

Virgin are fully aware of this problem & their response is that it will be added soon.

I know that this isn’t what you wanted to hear. Lets just hope that it will be added very soon.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi ozbozcat,

the new EE number range 0739 hasn't yet been added to the Virgin Network system.

Virgin are fully aware of this problem & their response is that it will be added soon.

I know that this isn’t what you wanted to hear. Lets just hope that it will be added very soon.

Snap63
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi - been on Virgin Mobile many years, suddenly this week my Mum's Virgin phone is not receiving my texts (although I can receive hers). All other contacts' texts are received as normal. She is 79 & we keep in contact many times a day. My calls get through no problem - just not my texts! Both phones are on my account. Please help!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Snap63,

your problem isn't down to this fault.

This error is only in relation to the new 0739 range of numbers from EE mobile network.

As you say, you and your mum both have longstanding numbers with Virgin mobile.

Is it possible that your mum could have accidentally "blocked" your number from her text contacts?

Snap63
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

hi - thanks for your reply - going to check mum's phone today, doubt that she could bar my texts coz I can still ring her mobile, & I haven't had any 'bounce-back'  messages sent... She has an old Nokia 1100, very basic, unlikely it has an option to bar texts but I will check - certainly voice calls still get through from my number, everybody else's texts no problem lol

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Snap63
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yey managed to sort it, mum had put me in the text screening category - thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear you got this sorted Snap63 Smiley Happy

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Joevas
Settling in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat, 

I've got a similar problem. My outgoing calls (and outgoing texts) are barred to any number at the moment even though this setting is switched off on my phone. My mobile number begins with 0788. I've topped up a couple of days ago and have £10 in my PAYG account (I've just checked my Virgin online account). 

Not sure if it matters, but I've been based abroad for more than a year now and rarely use this Virgin SIM card.  It's not the physical phone as I've transferred the SIM card to a phone that works with other UK and non-UK SIM cards.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Joe

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with making calls. I want to get this sorted for you. Are you at home currently?

If so, please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 so we can look at your account.

If you're still abroad, please give us a call on +447953967967 from any other phone and we'll be sure to get it sorted.

Let me know how you get on with this. There may be some barring on our end.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe,

just for a little more clarification on your problem:

Does your SIM register on the Virgin network OK here in the UK - are you getting a good signal?

Is your problem just outgoing calls/texts - can you receive calls/texts OK?

Have you tried calling 789 or sending yourself a text?

0 Kudos