Menu
demotic
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Calling 3 mobile Feel at Home customer

Hi guys

Got a relative who will shortly be going on holiday for 3 weeks, he uses 3 mobile (feel at home) so can call back to the uk and that's included in his allowance, my question is if i phone him from the uk (he'll be in spain) using my virgin mobile phone will i be charged or will it use my inclusive minutes?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Calling 3 mobile Feel at Home customer

Assuming you have a bundle that includes UK minutes to mobiles then you can call a UK mobile from within the UK no matter where the  phone actually is. If you were to phone from outside the UK then the call would be charged at your roaming rate for calls to the UK even if your relative were abroad. That's true of any mobile provider not just 3. So if your relative wants to call you from outside the UK then the call will come from their bundle/allowance as if the call originated within the UK. And your relative will not incur any roaming charges, if any applied, for receiving calls or SMS messages whilst abroad.

I find that the 3 Feel at Home works fine except for Canada where mobile roaming seems to very hit and miss.

VM have some catching up to do.

All Replies
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Assuming you have a bundle that includes UK minutes to mobiles then you can call a UK mobile from within the UK no matter where the  phone actually is. If you were to phone from outside the UK then the call would be charged at your roaming rate for calls to the UK even if your relative were abroad. That's true of any mobile provider not just 3. So if your relative wants to call you from outside the UK then the call will come from their bundle/allowance as if the call originated within the UK. And your relative will not incur any roaming charges, if any applied, for receiving calls or SMS messages whilst abroad.

I find that the 3 Feel at Home works fine except for Canada where mobile roaming seems to very hit and miss.

VM have some catching up to do.

demotic
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Enceladus1 was hoping that would be the case but just wanted to confirm it, i have unlimited minutes on my plan and didn't really want to be incurring any call charges if possible.

0 Kudos