Menu
steedycat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Caller display not working

On January 9th I was sent two new SIM cards for my mobile phones as I switched from one Virgin Pay-Monthly Plan to another Virgin Pay-Monthly plan for each phone. Since then Caller Display has not worked on either mobile phone - it is not being transmitted. All that other people's (and my) landline sees when my mobiles call them is "Unavailable - Out Of Area" instead of my Virgin mobile number(s). I have had 2 Virgin engineers round to check my landline which is fine. I have Caller Display on my landline and all incoming calls display fine except my two Virgin Mobile numbers which display "Unavailable - Out Of Area". I spent 3 hours today being passed from pillar to post by 5 different Virgin phone operators, all of whom were unhelpful. When is this Caller Display problem going to be fixed?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Caller display not working

Been a problem since Virgin started using its own network, so everyone who has the new SIM card is affected.

As to when there is a fix - "We are working on it." is the stock reply

0 Kudos

All Replies
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Been a problem since Virgin started using its own network, so everyone who has the new SIM card is affected.

As to when there is a fix - "We are working on it." is the stock reply

0 Kudos
steedycat
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Still not working on landline caller displays. Must be the new SIM card installed on 9th January. Called up 789 and spoke to 5 different people who all blamed my Samsung phone! Very unhappy about this.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi steedycat,

Thank you for sending your details via PM. If you would like for me to change your Caller ID settings in order for you to be able to change them on your handset, I'll be happy to do this, however, as per my post, there is an ongoing fault with displaying your number on landlines and our technicians are still working to resolve this issue and due to the complexities of this fault, we have not been given an estimated resolution time frame. 

We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
steedycat
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I just had my latest Virgin bill for one of my mobile accounts with you and the account number is not for the designated mobile number. It's as if you have the two account numbers for my two mobile accounts mixed up. Could this be why the Caller Display is not being sent from these numbers to landlines?

0 Kudos
pk63
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same problem with a new sim since Dec 28th. only with no Data as well. The sim was replaced again on Jan 15th, with still the same problems . The data problem has since been sorted by resetting  APNs, but not the caller display unavailable number problem. will there ever be a fix. Or a ASDA sim £7 for 1gig Data I am trying out !

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi steedycat,

As previously mentioned, it's in hands with the Incident Management team to investigate and resolve. I'm afraid I don't know when it will be fixed but rest assured it's something that'll definitely get fixed.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos