Menu
Joll66
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Call divert

Hi
So I have a problem diverting my incomming calls to my iPhone 6. I want to divert them to another phone which is in my car.
When I activate my phone to divert to car phone. Incomming calls are directed to voicemail say this number is unavailable ?
0 Kudos
Joll66
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call divert

Update I've contacted Virgin and a nice lady helped me reset my voicemail. So my voicemail works properly

Now I asked about call forwarding so I can forward calls to my phone and was put through to tech help who told me call forwarding is not available on Virgin?
I'm sure I have used this service on the past and I know I was able to input a number into call forwarding on my iPhone.
How do i forward incoming calls to another number

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to the forums Joll66 Smiley Happy 

I'm glad to hear your voicemail issues are now sorted. With regards to call forwarding, I'm afraid it's not possible to divert a call to a number on our network.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused on our part. Let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You'd think VM would want calls to their numbers, but it seems they don't.

Virgin Mobile doesn't allow diverts into their network, they also don't allow diverting calls from your mobile to anything other than voicemail.

Is pretty lame, and why VM can't always be taken as a serious communications provider, a little on the 2nd rate side.

It used to be allowed at one time, as I used to.

Maybe one day VM will be a serious telecoms company, not just a pretend one.

0 Kudos
Joll66
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well wish I'd known that before I bought in. The good news is that I'm on a monthly sim only so I'll be looking to move to another provider. 😊
JOC1
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So I have purchased a phone which takes two SIMs (Samsung Galaxy S7 dual sim which is set to work in the UK) - both are Virgin mobile SIMS.  The functionality of the phone requires that one SIM can forward/divert calls to the other SIM.  Does this mean that I will never enjoy the full functionality of the phone if I stay with Virgin?  If not can someone recommend another provider in the UK that would support this that I could move to please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi JOC1,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message, welcome back.

Call divert isn't something that is support currently, that is not to say forever but at this moment it's not with us.

On the contrary, if your phone has the support to enable call divert, this may work on its own, but this isn't something I have tested.

I hope this has helped.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
puruend
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Follow this steps:

• Make sure your phone is set to tone dialing. You can do this by pressing the * or # buttons. Check they make a musical tone when pressed. If they make a click sound instead, try changing the mode using the switch on the base or side of your phone (if you can’t see this check your phone’s user guide for the location of the switch). If your phone doesn’t have * or # keys, or if it still isn’t accepting the request for Call Diversion, try another phone.
  • Make sure you’re using the right sequence of instructions
  • Check you’re not using outgoing Call Barring. If you are, Call Diversion won’t work. To check, enter: *#34#.
0 Kudos
JOC1
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So the dual sim phone has failed and apparently was never supported by any network in the UK (come on networks, we don't all want to carry two phones, one for business and one for personal).  So now I am set up with two phones. 

The question is which one to Bluetooth to the car systems?  As we all know it is not legal or safe to use a mobile when driving unless we carefully do it hands free.  I am a loyal Virgin customer and have been with you for years, can we please have the answer as WHY you won't permit call forwarding, at least on the same Virgin network?   I have two phones, both with Virgin Sims, I can only Bluetooth one at a time to the car,  You can easily see how simple things would be if I could forward one call to the other and then Bluetooth the receiving phone to the car when I am driving.  If the network has the capacity to forward a call to a VM mailbox, what makes it so impossible to forward the call to another specific number, esp. when they are on the same network?  Please sort out this functionality - it would make things safer for people with two phones who might still be tempted to answer a non-bluetoothed phone when they are driving.

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I currently use a dual sim and a quad sim phone, neither need to divert calls from one to other to work. Though they do say dual standby and quad standby, I've had a few such phones.

I know Vodafone used to allow call divert to another mobile number, and they used to allow the diverted calls to come out of the included minutes.  T-Mobile allow calls to be diverted, but they are chargeable and don't come out of any minutes.

0 Kudos