Menu
omnescient
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Call charges

I've just called my partner who is in Guernsey. The call is logged @ 16 minutes and 26 seconds. I'm on PAYG. The call tariff for Guernsey is 24p per minute. The call cost me £5.76.

I'd appreciate an explanation.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Call charges

Hi omnescient,

Thanks for your postSmiley Happy

Sorry to hear you've had some issues with call charges.

I can see you were asking for one of us to help you out and I'd like to get this sorted for you.

I will send you a private message (red envelope, top left hand side) to get this looked into for you.

Speak soon. 

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You have been charged 36p per minute which appears to be the rate for service numbers or the cheapest personal numbers.

You should be able to get a refund if you ring 789 and explain. It's probably a temporary glitch, they appear to be doing some updates tonight. I had to get the call costs from Google's cache, as parts of the site are down.

0 Kudos
omnescient
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that Goff. The following appears in a sidebar on the Guernsey - PAYG service charge page:

GOT QUESTIONS?
FIND THE ANSWERS

We're here 24 hours a day.

If you Pay As You Go just call us on 789. For recorded information, calls are free. To talk to our team, all calls cost £2.00 each.

Does that mean the net benefit of my refund will be approx. 8p?

Is it accepted that call providers make a profit from their mistakes?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think that if you ring 789 and successfully explain their mistake, the CS staff will credit the error and the cost of the 789 call.

0 Kudos
omnescient
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Goff. Unfortunately I don't share your confidence in the CS staff. Based on past experience, at best I will be caught in a spiral of calling to plead for each previous 789 call charge to be refunded. Can a forum staff member confirm that, if an error was made, CS will refund both original overcharge and the cost of the call to claim this back?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi omnescient,

Thanks for your postSmiley Happy

Sorry to hear you've had some issues with call charges.

I can see you were asking for one of us to help you out and I'd like to get this sorted for you.

I will send you a private message (red envelope, top left hand side) to get this looked into for you.

Speak soon. 

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
omnescient
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Stephen--sorted now.

0 Kudos