Menu
jamesandjess
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Call barring to one number

2 weeks ago, calls to my girlfriend's EE number became barred from my Virgin mobile number. We both have iPhones and checked that neither of us had blocked each other by mistake. My girlfriend called EE, who confirmed that their were no restrictions/issues at their end and that the issue must lie at my end. I was able to make calls to everyone else, receive calls from my girlfriend and she was also able to receive calls from everyone else. I called Virgin on 789 to explain this problem; they confirmed that all settings on my account appeared to be normal and that there were no issues as far as they were concerned. They even called my girlfriend whilst I held the line and successfully got through to her, so told me to wait 24 hours and see if the problem persisted. Next day, all returned to normal and I have been able to call her every day since. Until yesterday... same problem again; calls from my phone to my girlfriend's number get the message "calls to this message are barred". Spoke to Virgin again yesterday and also today, but the problem continues. Getting a bit fed up with this, nobody seems to have an answer for why this is happening and the technical "support" seems to be somewhat lacking. Somebody please help before I ditch Virgin for good.

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call barring to one number

Does your girlfriend's voicemail work OK?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jamesandjess

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear of this phenomenon you're experiencing calling your girlfriend at certain times.

I can see it's a few days since you last posted - I just wanted to check if you're still experiencing issues with this?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
jamesandjess
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, sorry not replied since my previous post. My girlfriend's voicemail is working fine, as is mine. Still no luck fixing this yet, I have just called Virgin again but have been asked to call back from a different number so that they can run some checks on the phone. They have all told me so far that it's impossible to bar a number, unless you add the number to your phone's block list (we have checked both phones and ruled this out). Going to call Virgin back as soon as I can get my hands on another telephone!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jamesandjess

Thanks for getting back in touch - I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues with this.

I've dropped you a PM with some more information - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos