Menu
Bloodnock
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

CRAP RECEPTION IN RG19 4NH area.

I sent an email to The Team earlier. But it was bounced back. I post it here.

Good morning. The Team.

I spend everyday 8 hours or more at work at RG19 4NH.

I an thoroughly hacked off by the poor delivery of a network signal in this area. Regularly the signal is a poor 'g' signal. I sometimes even get an 'e' signal. Not very often do I get a 'h' signal and since I have had this Samsung S6 I have never had a 3g or 4g signal. My colleague sitting next to me consistently gets a 3G or 4G signal (Vodafone customer). What are you going to do about this?

Whilst on the subject of signal. I was in Canada and America recently. Your international coverage was absolutely dire in both countries. I could only get use of the phone if I was in a free WiFi hotshot.

Finally. This S6 is absolutely rubbish compared to my old Note3.

The battery life is rubbish. If it lasts 6 hours I am lucky.

I was convinced by you lot to take the S6 because the note4 was not available. I'm so unhappy about the whole package signal that I'm looking to ditch this contract as you consistently fail to deliver anything like a decent services.

I await your response.

Yours very very unhappy.

David Lewis
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: CRAP RECEPTION IN RG19 4NH area.

Virgin don't have their own network, they use EE. You have partial coverage in that area. There is no 4G (I don't think Virgin does 4G anyway) and EE reckon outdoor and indoor coverage is about 80%. The EE coverage checker drops a pin on Saica Pack and that's in a 2G only area. It looks like coverage is pretty ropey there on EE and by extension, on Virgin Mobile.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Also, just FYI:

G is for GPRS which is basic 2G data connectivity. It's like having dial-up at home.
E is for EDGE which is an enhanced version of GPRS. It's sometimes referred to as 2.5G. It's like having ISDN at home.
H is for HSDPA which is 3G connectivity. It's like having run of the mill broadband at home.
H+ is for HSDPA+ which is an enhanced version of HSDPA. It's like having a slightly faster broadband at home.
4G is for 4G (didn't see that coming did you?) which is an evolution of HSDPA. It's like having fibre broadband.

These technologies all trace their roots back to the original GPRS extension to GSM which first brought data to mobile devices.
Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Bloodnock
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok smart *bleep*. I know what the signals mean. I also know that on H+ I can video chat with my partner in Germany. On H I cannot. On G I cannot even get a MSN message sent. On E I might as well pack the phone away before I throw it against the wall in despair.

This is all that matters to me.

You openly admit you have a ropey signal in this area. A lot of good that is to me. You can give me a real sexy phone tariff to use. But if I cannot use it half the time this is a pointless hollow gesture.
At home today I got an incredible 'E' strength signal for over an hour. I forgot it was not on wifi. So you have problems delivering a steady quality signal at my home address.

This S6 phone has repeated problems connecting to the internet when I use messenger. It tells me I have no Internet connection when I can easily get up Web pages. I wanted a Note4 when my contract came up for renewal. You didn't have one to offer but instead recommended this pile of garbage.

I hate the phone.

I hate the signal you provide.

I hate the textbook standard answers your help desk provide.

I want a Note4. I want a reliable supply.

Talking quality signal.

When in Canada and America in March your international service was completely useless. Unless I was in a wifi location I could not use the phone at all. So when searching Google maps for locations and information I was unable to get anything. I made at least 3 phone calls to your help line regarding this at the time. I gave up in the end.

Can you sort these problems out?

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bit aggressive and unnecessary. I don't have a ropey signal in your area, you do. I don't work for Virgin, I'm just a customer like you but one that wants to help other customers with the issues they have rather than insulting people who help. I assumed you didn't know what the letters meant as you were talking about the letter on the screen like my mum would rather than what it actually means so I gave up some of my time to explain what they meant in case you were interested. If you want a decent phone and decent signal at home and abroad then my advice would be not to choose an MVNO. I could explain how the American mobile networks work and why you will find it difficult to get consistent coverage even with a domestic network over there but I don't want to distract you from adjusting your attitude so that people might be inclined to help you in future. Smiley Happy