Menu
garro59
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

COST

I have 2 mobiles on contract, broadband, TV and landline, all with Virgin Media. Including Sky Sports , the cost of which seems to go up every few months. I am paying £150.00 per month for these services yet Virgin have the cheek to charge me 10 pence for 'phoning the speaking clock?

(Also the wifi buddy very rarely actually connect to any networks).

Does anybody agree that I would be better off finding another service provider?

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: COST

Hard to answer, what is good for one is not good for the other.

That said, these triple and quad play offerings from providers are designed to tie you in and make it less likely for you to leave

My broadband is with Virgin simply because BT have stalled on fibre but my mobile is with Three, which is the best for me as I spend time in France and I can use my inclusive allowances.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi garro59,

your mobile phone airtime tariff will increase with your July bill each year in line with RPI and you're given 30 days notice of this.

This is clearly stated on the website and in the T's and C's.

I don't know wow much other providers charge for the speaking clock.

If this is something you wish to use a lot perhaps there is a free app which could "speak" the time to you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Don't know about apple but there are loads of apps that speak the time on Android.

All the networks are putting up contract prices in line with inflation.

However, some of the SIM only contracts have far exceeded this, but the letters do say you can cancel even in the middle of a 12 month contract.

0 Kudos