Menu
Sydders13
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Buying travel pass abroad - will a text to 23456 work outside UK (in Europe)

As per subject line - I'm wondering whether I have to buy a travelpass before I leave the UK. I'm not sure whether I need a travelpass so would rather wait until I arrive in destination (EU country - central Europe).

However its not clear (to me) whether I can do this or not once I reach the destination.

Advice and experiences welcome - thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Buying travel pass abroad - will a text to 23456 work outside UK (in Europe)

Hi Sydders13,

you can purchase an EU Data Travel Pass by text once outside of the UK and it starts straight away and can last upto 30 days.

More info' here: Taking your mobile abroad

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

pfh1959
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Buying travel pass abroad - will a text to 23456 work outside UK (in Europe)

You best to buy it before you go I normally  ring them as texting them doesn't  seem to work when I text them the passes last 30 days so you buy it in advance just remember  to turn your data off when your not using it I'm off to spain Tuesday so ill buy a pass monday hope this helps you ?

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sydders13,

you can purchase an EU Data Travel Pass by text once outside of the UK and it starts straight away and can last upto 30 days.

More info' here: Taking your mobile abroad

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Sydders13
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks
0 Kudos
pfh1959
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You best to buy it before you go I normally  ring them as texting them doesn't  seem to work when I text them the passes last 30 days so you buy it in advance just remember  to turn your data off when your not using it I'm off to spain Tuesday so ill buy a pass monday hope this helps you ?

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sydders13 Smiley Happy

Thank you for your message, it's great to see you've had some help already on this Smiley Happy

Both are correct but texting is mainly done while you're out there. How is the holiday so far? if you need anything please let me know Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos