Menu
DPJ
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Buying New Mobile

I ordered a new mobile on 21 Oct and received the 3 emails which after a few problems submitted and it said I was successful. 10 days later and numerous phone calls and chats still no phone. I am told there is a problem with my account and the I.T. dept are looking into it. It will take them 3 to 5 working days to resolve. I have been a VM customer for many years and have never experienced anything like this. Very close to going elsewhere. 

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buying New Mobile

For over eighteen months virgin have had intermittent issues with orders, I'd call again in the morning
0 Kudos
DPJ
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Its a pointless exercise all you get is a very polite person telling you the same thing. I will phone again on Friday which will be at the end of the 3 to 5 days and if there is no update on when I am likely to get a new phone then I will cancel the order.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi DPJ,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you haven't received an update about your order.

Checking this, I can see that you were able to call in and speak to us yesterday. Has this been sorted out for you?

Please let us know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
DPJ
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I haven't got a new phone and no one could tell me when I was going to get it so I cancelled the order. I actually made 3 calls yesterday and it looks like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I was passed from department to department and was getting nowhere. Very frustrating that I couldn't speak to one person who could help me with what seems to be an I.T. issue with my account. I am currently online looking for a contract with another provider.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you had great network coverage then it's EE or BT it's their network virgin use, they are one and the same company but offer slightly different tiers
DPJ
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I did make another call to Virgin Mobile and things couldn't have worked out better. I spoke to a member of the sales team who took ownership of the issue and was able to resolve it and take my order for a new phone which I have since received. Thank you Myla.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos