Menu
IanLodge
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broken Screen Warranty Repair Question

My S5 has a damaged screen and now booked in for Warranty Repair what I didn't do was read all the gumf on the screen before pressing proceed so..

Do I send the phone off and if so to what address or

Will Virgin send a bag with a return address on it to me

and yes I do feel stupid right now

Regards

Ian

0 Kudos
jaztim
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken Screen Warranty Repair Question

With the systems problems they are having, I'd strongly suggest booking it directly with Samsung if it's a warranty repair.

You may need a proof of purchase / ownership though.

0 Kudos
Solitaire1
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I doubt Virgin will repair. They will use the well rehearsed 'not covered under warranty' ploy like they have with me. However, I wish you all the luck in dealing with these crooks.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Fair comment, but they are no different to any other mobile carrier in this respect. The most common "vector" for phone misuse is so-called water damage. Every six weeks or so while I was in contract, I took a photo of the water damage indicators on my Samsung. It doesn't prove anything outright, but it does demonstrate on balance of probabilities that it's been reasonably well looked after.

A broken (cracked) screen is not a warranty repair. Anyone who has this sort of broken screen knows that it's not going to get fixed for free, and should just make their own arrangements which are always going to be cheaper than anything Virgin offer - even if it's fixed at the manufacturer's premises.

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ian,

Its not clear how the screen got broken but if you did it by accident its not a warranty job and the an insuance claim would probably have a high excess charge.

There is an alternative of getting a new screen and repair kit off ebay for about ten quid but you need to be pretty handy or know someone who is.

Obviously if the damage is down to a faulty phone then proceed under the terms of the warranty/consumer rights.

Be aware also that a self fix could affect the future validity of the warranty.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ian,

I'm really sorry to hear about your phone Smiley Sad

This will be a chargeable repair as a broken screen will void the phones warranty.

You can arrange for this to be repaired by calling us on 789 or 0345 6000 789 or you can book the phone in for repair in your online account here and going to Plan and Device > Phone repairs > Phone fix.

We'll send you a repair bag to send back. We'll take it all on board from there.

Let me know once you've sent this off.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ian,

How are you getting on with this?

Let me know if you need any further info.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos