Menu
kirstysmith1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broken Iphone, no insurance?

Hi, last night I broke my phone, and when I say broken, I mean in about four pieces. It's completely destroyed. I've only had the phone for about 2 months or so, but I have no insurance. 

I know Virgin has a 12 Month Warranty for Iphones, but I'm not sure if the warranty will cover it as it's completely broken? It's not just the screen thats cracked, the whole thing is shattered and the phone is in about four pieces so I'm unsure what to do? 

0 Kudos
wilsman
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken Iphone, no insurance?

Oh dear - this isn't good. How did you break it so it's in 4 pieces? 

Warranty only covers manufacturing faults with the phone and doesn't cover accidental/malicious damage I'm afraid. 

Do you think it's repairable? If so, I'd recommend speaking to Apple and getting them to have a look at it. Otherwise, it'll be an expensive replacement for you.  

Phil

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

LOL, if it's in 4 pieces, very much doubt it's repairable...crapple ain't THAT well built, despite the price...

0 Kudos
wilsman
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Although it could be a screen broken in 3 places and then the phone making 4 pieces....
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The warranty only covers you for manufacturing faults, as do your statutory rights. You'd have to prove that your phone's destrction was a direct result of a manufacturing fault. It's possible (for example if the battery exploded) but I'm guessing that's not what happened here.

If you didn't take out insurance specifically for your handset, you might be able to get somewhere with your household insurance, which sometimes covers mobiles...

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

buy a cheap android phone and swop the sim out, 4 bits that sound like its far from an accident sadly
0 Kudos
kirstysmith1234
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Actually it was an accident. I live on the second  floor of my flat building and it fell out of my back pocket as I was carrying my daughter and fell Down two flights of stairs. 

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Smiley Sad sad
0 Kudos