Menu
paperclip
Rising star
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Blocking spam calls

Is it possible to block a particular number on Virgin Mobile that is calling as being a spam call?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blocking spam calls

paperclip wrote:
Is it possible to block a particular number on Virgin Mobile that is calling as being a spam call?

What options does your handset have? Mine has options like: block calls from unknown numbers, block calls and texts from specified numbers, etc.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've looked in the call settings and I don't see anything that relates to call blocking.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

All I see is:

Hide Call Log
Clear Call Log
Filter Call Log
Enable Answer Machine
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

There is a call barring section but nothing to block individual numbers unfortunately.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I had an option to block numbers on old mobile but not on the current one. I imagine it differs per phone.
0 Kudos
vtank
Up to speed
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

paperclip wrote:
I had an option to block numbers on old mobile but not on the current one. I imagine it differs per phone.

Correct, this would be a option within the phone rather than something virgin can do 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

paperclip wrote:
I've looked in the call settings and I don't see anything that relates to call blocking.

If it has those options, the settings location can vary. I have a old Samsung handset, I found the call/text blocking settings in the following locations.

Call blocking: Settings -> Applications -> Call -> All Calls

Text message blocking: Settings -> Applications -> Messages -> General Settings -> Block Messages

To be sure your handset supports blocking calls/texts from certain numbers, view the call log entry/text message and bring up the little info window. If one of the options is block, then your handset supports it. What I see when viewing an entry in my call log:

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
scouser73
Superfast
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Rather than change your mobile number, have you thought of installing a Text & Call blocking app?

I can recommend Call Blocker, you can download it from the Google Play Store and use it for free; but this only allows you to store up to ten numbers, whereas the premium version allows for unlimited Calls and Text messages to be blocked.

If you want the premium version, and I really suggest getting it, the app costs £5.99.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flexaspect.android.everycallcontrol

Regards,

scouser73

152 Mbp/s Broadband - Windows 10 [Home] -
Ubuntu 17.10 - SuperHub 3.0 - Nokia 5
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Does this finally work on newer Lollipop builds for blocking TXT as all other Apps do not but 2 of them and only if you install there won TXT App along with it.

I use my ESET AV's tools but it cannot block TXT on newer OS so only calls for now.

I did read it and no mention.

0 Kudos