Menu
Andybhoy1888
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Blocked galaxy s6

I got a software update over 2 months ago and my handset was blacklisted i have phone in loads about it and no one will unlock it even tho ive never missed a bill what can i do.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blocked galaxy s6

Hi Andybhoy1888,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear your Galaxy S6 has been blocked. I'll try my best to get to the root cause.

It seems strange how an update would blacklist your IMEI. Could you please answer the following questions:-

Did you get the handset from us?

What type of update was this?

Has the phone been modified in any way?

Do you get any messages pop up?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Andybhoy1888
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I got the phone from virgin it was the marshmallow update i couldnt call or txt after this.The phone hasnt been modified at all.I sent it to a mobile repair shop who had a look and said it was showing as blacklisted as lost or stolen i have also checked my imei on a database my self and it says the same i have phoned vm for about 2 months and still no luck.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andybhoy1888,

Thank you for getting back to us with those details. I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I have checked this and can see that there hasn't been an update on this yet. In order to escalate this further, please go to Contact Us > Something Else > Make a Complaint and complete the form.

Apologies again for the lack of information on this and the inconvenience this causes. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos