Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3 (89 Views)

Blacklisting an IMEI

Afternoon all, 

I have been chatting to my insurers following loss of my mobile at the weekend. They are awaiting confirmation that the IMEI has been blocked by Virgin before processing my claim. I have spoken to the tech team and the blacklisting has been put through, however checking an online system has shown that the IMEI is still "active". 

Can anyone tell me how long IMEI blacklisting takes? Is there any way Virgin can email me/ my insurer confirmation that the blacklisting has been requested and is in progress?

Thanks all

Neil 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3 (106 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by neil_b_82
‎21-03-2017 10:45

Re: Blacklisting an IMEI

Hi neil_b_82,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you've lost your mobile and that there's been a delay in getting the handset blacklisted. Normally, blacklisting the IMEI number will complete within 24 hours. Has this been resolved for you since your post?

If your IMEI number is still showing active, please let me know and I'll look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3 (107 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by neil_b_82
‎21-03-2017 10:45

Hi neil_b_82,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you've lost your mobile and that there's been a delay in getting the handset blacklisted. Normally, blacklisting the IMEI number will complete within 24 hours. Has this been resolved for you since your post?

If your IMEI number is still showing active, please let me know and I'll look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Tuning in
Message 3 of 3 (49 Views)

Thanks Terri, all sorted now. Was just waiting for the next working day to kick in so the blacklisting showed. Cheers

0 Kudos