Menu
rhubarbpatch
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Blackberry phone won't send or receive email - other functions are OK

I have not received emails on my mobile phone, to either of my Gmail addresses, since 11pm on 01 September, yet the emails all get through to my laptop. I live in the Luton/Dunstable (Bedfordshire) area. My phone is a Blackberry Curve that I have had, using Virgin Mobile, since 2011. I’ve tried switching it off and back on.  I’ve tried removing the battery and re-installing it. Neither method worked. It makes and receives calls and texts, just no emails. If I try to send an email from it, it says “Failed to send – packet error”, whatever that is. Can anyone please advise if this is a Virgin-based problem (i.e. is it affecting lots of people)? If not, and I am expected to do something to fix the phone myself, can anyone please advise how to contact Virgin? I’ve tried to log-in but when it asks for my username and password it tells me that one or the other (but not which one) is incorrect. The alternative is to provide my name (which I know), my phone number (which I know), and my ‘two digit area code’ (which I don’t know, and which, despite Virgin’s instructions, is NOT shown on my bills).  Many thanks for any help that can be offered.  Dawn Newday.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blackberry phone won't send or receive email - other functions are OK

Hi rhubarbpatch,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems sending and receiving emails on your Blackberry Curve.

Please try removing/re-adding your email account on your handset. If you need further instructions on how to do this, please have a look at our Mobile Help pages: Phone Support. Just choose which Blackberry Curve you are using and then the Email option. 

Please let me know how this goes. If you would like to speak to us, please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789. Alternatively, get in touch via WebChat on Contact Us.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blackberry phone won't send or receive email - other functions are OK

It may be a. Blackberry Services issue on the phone, if Terri's help fails call 789 it's a fix the tech team need to do so cho
Lose that option ( phone issues)
0 Kudos