Menu
cathowen3
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Blackberry not working again.

I have had a continuing problem with the Blackberry Services which every few weeks just stops working. This has now become a regular occurrence. I make a pointless phone call to 789 because these operators can't fix it, it's only the technical team who are able to do anything about it. Sometimes I am told that they will transfer me but I am usually cut off. Other times the original operator promises to ring me back in an hour…….I am still waiting for this call back from yesterday afternoon. This is an appalling state of affairs. I will be going overseas in a few days and the Blackberry service is invaluable to me because the wifi connection where we are staying is not good. If you can't offer an efficient Blackberry Service then why offer it at all. I know how to go through all the resets etc but it's just not possible to do a self fix.

I have been with Virgin for as long as I can remember, in fact I have always been with Virgin but these problems are making me reconsider. We have our broadband and home phone with you as well. I don't have a problem with what is offered but the service is disgraceful. Can you help me with a reset please because I do not want to make  another pointless phone call. 

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blackberry not working again.

Choose the option for the tech team
if its a pay as you go phone put the money on the phone the day before it renews that should stop it failing

If its a contract phone check your DD is active
0 Kudos
cathowen3
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I don't get an option for the tech team.  Is there another number I can use? I pay by direct debit.  The point is that it shouldn't be necessary to continually phone Virgin. As it happens, although nobody phoned me back yesterday, the service has been restored overnight and I received a text to tell me so.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

You are correct, it should work, sadly agreeing with you does not make the issue go away
only 789 sadly
cathowen3
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

So here we go again. Arrived in Tenerife. Some emails arriving days later even when using wifi. Some not arriving at all. Can't send emails. Can't send texts. I should add that I visit Tenerife every few weeks and have had no problems until this year. Totally fed up with it now and definitely changing provider when I return to the UK.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi cathowen3,

I'm really sorry that you're having to deal with this again. I want to get this sorted for you.

It sounds like there's an issue with the Blackberry service. Give us a call on +44 7953 967 967 and we'll get on the case for you. Please give us a call for this. We'll do all we can to fix it Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
cathowen3
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I phoned but they couldn't find a solution. So the picture is this....I can't send texts at all but I can receive them. I can send and receive calls. I sometimes receive emails the day they are sent, sometimes not and I can send most of the time. I have tried other networks to try and send a text but all I get is "network out of order". It's a strange one! I won't be sending any    texts home for Christmas. Best Wishes. 

0 Kudos
cathowen3
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Home now. Going back overseas in 2 weeks. Any suggestions regarding these ongoing problems, especially the inability to send texts and the delayed emails?. I tried different networks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Welcome home Cathowen3 Smiley Happy

SO we can make sure that everything is okay on your account, please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll get on the case.

The team will be able to check that roaming is correctly enabled as well as no other issues on our side.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
cathowen3
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I did that while I was away. They told me everything was ok at your end. This is not the first time this has happened and I just get the same thing all the time. I have made more calls to Virgin in the past 12 months than in all the time I have been with you which was 2004.

0 Kudos