Menu
asadq7
Just joined
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Blackberry no data Services - Pathetic Customer Services

Hi,

Ive got a Blackberry and the data services arent connected on it. I cant send or recieve emails or BBMs.

It says - Blackberry Internet Service and Enterprise Server not connected.....

I've tried to ring Virgin 4 Times yesterday, as soon as i mentioned my problem,they would transfer my call and it would disconnect. I am fedup of speaking to the dimwits!

Anybody else experienced this or have a fix? Seems ill just have to switch networks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blackberry no data Services - Pathetic Customer Services

as far as i know they control this - i went the other way and had data services turned off as i was fed up of them adding charges to my payg bill for data that i was not using - thats another story - but to get it turned off they had to flick a switch or whatever - so i would guess the reverse is needed to enable it

the above is on a Blackberry

i did the same on a second Blackberry that is on contract - again they had to do it - each time it was done by ringing 789 - it took a few calls the first time so i am not surprised at your experience - in the end i got someone in the UK who had no problem doing it - so maybe hope for the UK or if its offshore hang up and try again - frustrating but free

Tony
0 Kudos
shirleywhite
Dialled in
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi asadq7.  You are not alone!  A number of us with Blackberrys are having same/similar issues. It started about a week ago.

(see the threads "no service since 3 Nov" and "are there network issues........"  below.   Mat-H a moderator has been collecting details and says he's passing on to colleagues.  

Lets hope this all gets sorted soon!!!

Regards.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I am indeed collecting information regarding this Smiley Happy

Are you able to PM me your Phone Number, IMEI number, The date this last worked and what network your phone displays. (Either Virgin with a capital V or virgin with a lower case v)

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
roytrecast19
Joining in
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I've had this problem since moving to a SIM Only account in early November. The Set-up requires Activation and suggests this should be provided by the System Administrator.

I am using a Blackberry 9300 or Blackberry Bold

0 Kudos
shirleywhite
Dialled in
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi roytrecast

Both my wife and I suffered exactly the same. In our case both using curve 9320's - but we've bailed out by switching to android phones a couple of days ago. BUT what caught my eye in your post was that you'd switched to sim only. We did exactly that too !!!!  I'm wondering if there's a connection between that and losing bb data services.  Can it just be a coincidence????

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rorytrecast19,

Thanks for your query Smiley Happy We can get this all sorted for you.  Give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll get on the case.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
mrgarrett
Just joined
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I totally agree, not what I expected from Virgin Media.

Since taking out my blackberry contract with them in March, I've had nothing but problems.  I have spent the last 2 weeks speaking to numerous customer services agents and 'blackberry tech experts' who all tell me the same old thing - host routing table, etc etc.

I've now performed a factory reset for the 5th time on this phone - the last 4 times I managed to get BIS back up and running for a while, until it went down.  This time I have been forced to factory reset the phone, lose all my settings, and the genius at the end of the virgin media help line tells me to try removing the battery and starting it up again.

I try and explain I have spoken to numerous people not only over the last two or three weeks, but throughout my contract lifespan, all of which give different answers as to why the BIS isn't working.

Normally I spend an hour or two on the phone to technical, after which they tell me there is a fault blackberry's end and there is nothing they can do.

I am fed up.

Today I wrote to virgin media and I will be seeking compensation.  The lack of customer service is simply appalling.  If I ran my business in the same manner, I wouldn't have any customers left.

Perhaps someone reading this forum may help me, and I about to throw this phone away, cancel my direct debit and seek legal advice from my solicitor for the services not provided. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mrgarett,

So we can get this all sorted, I've sent you a PM to help.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Patto80
Joining in
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Everything that mrgarrett has said above I totally second that. I'm at the same point & sick and tired of being fobbed off everyday I call 789. Best of it, nobody can actually tell me what the problem is. Clueless. an IT ticket has been raised apparently and marked at level 4. 3 days later and still nothing. Really annoyed. Contract is up in 2 months and then it's bye bye virgin and blackberry.

0 Kudos