Menu
madalicesdad
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Blackberry - loss of BIS connectivity

I've got a Blackberry Curve 9320 and since last Tuesday have not had any BIS connectivity (except via wifi), resulting in no emails and poor access to websites and apps when away from home.

I spoke to someone at VM on Thursday who acknowledged a problem at their end but could do nothing until the computer upgrade taking place over the weekend was finished. 

I've registered via the host routing table option and resent service books which usually resolves similar problems but not this time. Whilst I wait in vain for VM to answer the phone again, has anyone else had this problem, or know a solution? 

Mike

0 Kudos
TB9
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blackberry - loss of BIS connectivity

I have exactly the same problem and Virgin are not being very helpful at all. VM Support in the Philipines even refused to put me through to Technical Support, even though Technical had been dealing with me 2 hours earlier for the same issue

0 Kudos
reddair
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yeah i also lost all my Blackberry services last Tuesday. I rang them and they talked me through doing some resets on my phone but to no avail. I then got transfered to another department who straight away told me they were having some difficulties with Blackberry services and would have it sorted by then end of the day. A week later it's still the same. I'm on the £5 a month sim deal which is great for me with free texts and BB services but i've read somewhere on here that the BB data wasnt included in the £5 a month. So i'm thinking that maybe,a year later,theyve realised and cut me off!

0 Kudos
madalicesdad
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I pay £7 per month SIM only and Blackberry services are included at nil cost according to my online account details. 

I can see another evening going by whilst waiting on-hold listening to awful too-loud music...

Mike

0 Kudos
TB9
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Latest Update:-
Technical Support has had my Blackberry removed from the Blackberry BIS Server and we are waiting for Blackberry to re-connect it. Because of this not getting any texts either now!
0 Kudos
mk96
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago.. Had to wait a whole week for my Blackberry to be fixed. I also had no access to blackberry services, and i'm on a £5 sim only plan too.

I called them up, they removed my blackberry services and unregistered my phone from their servers (something like that) and reconnected it.. Works all fine now Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
madalicesdad
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

After 10+ mins of waiting and 20+ minutes of talking to VM technical support, it's all eventually working again.

When you get through to the technical people they are very good and helpful. It's a pity it's so painfully slow to get to them!

0 Kudos
reddair
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I give up. I've now spoken to 3 different advisors in the space of a week who have all guided me through the same thing (battery reset...go into options..do this ect) all to no avail. Although they were friendly i had lost faith by the time the last advisor was telling me to do the same things i'd already done previously... And i was left with them basically saying i should think about a new phone. So guess it's time for me to ditch the Blackberry sooner than i was planning on. I'm not convinced it's my phone when numerous other people also had the same fault with BB at exactly the same time. So...feeling fobbed off,despite being a virgin media customer i shall be looking round when it comes to my new mobile 

0 Kudos
madalicesdad
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

They need put you through to technical support who need to disconnect your phone from the BIS and then reconnect. I've had the problem on about three occasions in the last year. It's just this time it took so long to get through to them to sort it.

0 Kudos
madalicesdad
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The guy I spoke to also said it was affecting a lot of BB users, so they know it is an issue. You need to get past the initial customer services and get to technical support.

0 Kudos