Menu
RonnieStanley
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Blackberry internet services not working on 3G

Using a Curve 9360 which although an old model (by today's standards) is still great for calls, texts & emails.

But for the past 3 days, I can only use Blackberry internet services when connected by wifi. When wifi is turned off or not available (i.e. on 3G), the Blackberry symbol in the top right hand corner of the screen disappears & I can no longer send or receive emails. When trying to send an email on 3G, I receive one of two error messages:

'Failed to contact service'    or

'User account is in SUSPENDED mode'

I've tried the battery pull & SIM card on numerous occasions to no avail, have deleted & reinstalled the email accounts on the phone, & tried 'Register now' from Host Routing Table several times.

Phoned 789 twice & the guys have told me they have reset the Blackberry services but that the connection looks fine at their end & I should call Blackberry Customer Support (which I don't think exists for this phone). Any ideas anyone?

0 Kudos
RonnieStanley
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blackberry internet services not working on 3G

Update: After speaking further to Virgin advisers in Phillipines & Swansea, they could find nothing wrong at their end & eventually their final advice was to take the phone back to Factory Default.

I did this (after backing up), & then on restarting find that Blackberry services have gone altogether - both on wifi & 3G. So no email at all now.

Virgin still say the Blackberry services are 'active', but there's no sign on this at all in the advanced settings on the phone. Oh dear!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi RonnieStanley,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with Blackberry services. Are you able to run another Host Routing Table to see if this will enable the services?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
RonnieStanley
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat

I've done this a few times & nothing happens.

If I go into Manage Connections & look under Service Status, it says "Not Connected" for BlackBerry Internet Service.

And there's no Blackberry logo in the top right of the screen, which would be there if BIS was enabled.

And going into Device/Advanced System Settings/Enterprise Activation shows "No accounts activated".

I could be wrong, but this suggests to me that BIS isn't activated at Virgin's end.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We may need to push this on our end RonnieStanley.

I've sent you a PM so we can do this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
RonnieStanley
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat

I did provide these details by reply to your PM but haven't heard anything yet.

I've tried a GiffGaff sim card in the phone & the Blackberry symbol does appear next to 3G in the top right corner which indicates Blackberry services are available on that network. (I couldn't go any further without purchasing an "active goodybag")

So that would seem to suggest that the fault is with Virgin.

0 Kudos
RonnieStanley
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its now Tuesday afternoon & still heard nothing from Virgin.

Have been a customer including cable tv & broadband/landline going back to the NTL & Bell Cable Media days but maybe time to move on....

0 Kudos
RonnieStanley
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

For anyone that might have a similar issue, it turns out the problem was with the sim card.

As a last attempt & after everything else had failed, Virgin sent me a replacement sim & after activating it, the Blackberry services miraculously reappeared!

Thanks to the boys & girls at Virgin technical support, especially Tracy at Swansea for her patience.

0 Kudos