Menu
Assassin
Dialled in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Blackberry Passport: NO 4G signal available (APN setting are correct)

I have rung up and I was told they will do a sim refresh.

After doing this I still cannot get 4G on my blackberry.

Just wondering what I can do?

When selecting the mobile network in APN setting I only get the option to select 2G/3G and if I try to select 2G/3G/4G it wont let me select this or reverts back.

A few others in forums have also reported this issue so just wondering what the solution would be?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
ruu
Joining in
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TRe: Blackberry Passport: NO 4G signal available (APN setting are correct)

Thanks for the information Assissin I will keep trying via tech support as well but it does get very frustrating

All Replies
simbeav
Joining in
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blackberry Passport: NO 4G signal available (APN setting are correct)

As you say this seems to be a common issue.

Are there any Blackberry 10 users who have managed to get 4G working ?

If not, is there any way the moderators can get this flagged with Virgin Mobile ?  The Passport is 4G compatible, has all the 4g bands and works on other carriers. The Virgin Mobile FAQ says that 4g will work on Blackberry 10 phones.

I'd like to know if Virgin are looking in to this, as I have 4g ordered and would like to cancel before it starts if the Virgin service is not up to scratch.

I

0 Kudos
syorksdeano
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

TRe: Blackberry Passport: NO 4G signal available (APN setting are correct)

I never got an answer into my blackberry problem.  Looks like they don't support it which is strange as EE do

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Have any of you tried using the EE "internet everywhere" APN settings on your BB10 phone's, it might be worth a shot as they work OK with a Virgin sim in a Android phone.

The BB10 EE settings can be found on this link
http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/ee-apn-settings
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blackberry Passport: NO 4G signal available (APN setting are correct)

simbeav wrote:

As you say this seems to be a common issue.

Are there any Blackberry 10 users who have managed to get 4G working ?

If not, is there any way the moderators can get this flagged with Virgin Mobile ?  The Passport is 4G compatible, has all the 4g bands and works on other carriers. The Virgin Mobile FAQ says that 4g will work on Blackberry 10 phones.

I'd like to know if Virgin are looking in to this, as I have 4g ordered and would like to cancel before it starts if the Virgin service is not up to scratch.

I

OK, I have a Blackberry Z10, and it is currently  running 4G on the '3' network with no problems whatosever.  Don't think it is the BB phones, more like the fact VM's rubbish network.. The Z10 is 4g compatible, that's for sure!!

Was using the Z10 on VM, and only had 3G which, though 'supposed' to be supplied by EE, was slower, and had a far poorer signal strength than my Blackberry Z10 on Orange (EE) which was a works phone. (my Orange Z10 also works OK on 4G through the EE network, just tried..so now certain that VM are to blame here) Just because VM says it will work, doesn't mean it will...(VM well known for their 'porkies'!!) Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Assassin
Dialled in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I had tried this and unfortunately this does not work for my blackberry passport.

I can still send calls , texts and get data with that EE APN setup but its still not possible to get 4G

4G works on all other networks (EE Sim , Giffgaff all work fine) with my phone so it's definitely a virgin issue they need to change some networks settings.

As the sim card is not registered as been able to get 4G it defaults back to 2G/3G only and does not allow the selection.

I have just had a refresh on my account again today and it did not resolve the issue.

I upgraded to a 4G plan from VIP plus so have upgraded for 4G basically which I cannot seem to get?

Any word from virgin on this matter.

Here is some screenshots of what i have tried to clarify further the issue in how the OS is detecting the sim card as not been 4G enabled.

My APN settings for the sim card.My APN settings for the sim card.Combinations of options availableCombinations of options availableCombinations of options available 2Combinations of options available 2As you can see when I select 4G/3G/2G its sends the dropbox blank as its not valid on virginAs you can see when I select 4G/3G/2G its sends the dropbox blank as its not valid on virginOnce I force it into any 4G mode it reverts to this blank dropbox and resets to 2G/3G onlyOnce I force it into any 4G mode it reverts to this blank dropbox and resets to 2G/3G onlyI can force 4G on here only, It does not enable this and resets back to 2G/3GI can force 4G on here only, It does not enable this and resets back to 2G/3G

I would appreciate a time scale on when this is getting fixed , As pretty much all blackberry 10 users cannot even get the 4G service they are paying for.

Blackberry 10 definitely supports 4G and works with all other networks apart from virgin.

Thank you and hopefully we can get this fixed soonish! Smiley Frustrated 

Assassin
Dialled in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

A quick update for everyone on this.

I have been in contact with Virgin Mobiles forum team and this is getting forward to EE to resolve this issue.

So fingers crossed this gets resolved soon!

0 Kudos
simbeav
Joining in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Just to add that I had a refresh to 4g yesterday and not working on Blackberry Passport SE.The same issue of settings reverting back to 3g when trying to set to one of the 4g options.

0 Kudos
ruu
Joining in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hello all this is my first post on here, I too am looking for the answer 

I signed up for the 5000mins, unlimited texts and 20gb data sim only deal.

I have a Blackberry z10 which has worked fine on Vodafone 4g for the past 2 years.

I have contacted Virgin tech. support numerous times over the past week or so since getting my first of three sims for same phone from them all because I do not get 4g and I have exactly same problem as listed above.

I too have had no success with Virgin over this matter and it has now got to the stage where they suggested as they do not support Blackberry it would be best to find another provider.

I have to say the Virgin Mobile technical support is at best poor, every time I phoned I had to go through the same checks on phone etc. No one in there has a clue on how to deal with something that isn't listed in their manual for problems. I am so frustrated and annoyed by the system in place with VM. 

Please can someone get this sorted I have tried until I'm tearing my hair out with them, in the end I accepted the offer of PAC as I was so annoyed but I would rather get 4g running if possible, surely I don't have to buy a new phone for this to work?

Regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
Assassin
Dialled in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Do support blackberry , I am in the same situation this is getting resolved but there is no time scale on this one.
0 Kudos