Menu
sld
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Blackberry OS upgrade

Hi, I have an unlocked BlackBerry Passport using software release 10.3.1.1779. Most carriers have released version 10.3.2 so I was wondering when or if Virgin will be doing the same? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blackberry OS upgrade

Hi sld,

Welcome to the forumSmiley Happy and thanks for your post.

I will need to look into this for you.

Will let you know as soon as have an update.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Most carriers have released version 10.3.2 so I was wondering when or if Virgin will be doing the same? Thanks.

is that true - not sure on the Passport but on phones i dont think any UK carrier has released an update - AFAIK its not down to VM or the carrier - Blackberry have to make it available first to the carrier and again AFAIK thats not been done

Tony
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As a Blackberry Z10 user, (also uses OS 10) I have 'automatic updates' switched on, and nothing has come through to date??

Did a manual search for updates, and it appears that I have the latest update which is the same as you have , 10,3,1,1779

Obviously, Blackberry have not released the update yet, as son has a Q10 on O2, and his OS is exactly the same as mine, (both phones are unlocked from new, so not tied to a particular carrier) Hope this helps..

Not too sure where you got the info regarding 10,3,2, being released to other carriers though??

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

adacom wrote:

Most carriers have released version 10.3.2 so I was wondering when or if Virgin will be doing the same? Thanks.

is that true - not sure on the Passport but on phones i dont think any UK carrier has released an update - AFAIK its not down to VM or the carrier - Blackberry have to make it available first to the carrier and again AFAIK thats not been done

This page http://uk.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/blackberry-10-os.html#tab-1 does say:

*BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2 is available globally for all smartphones running BlackBerry 10, subject to carrier approvals.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:

adacom wrote:

This page http://uk.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/blackberry-10-os.html#tab-1 does say:

*BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2 is available globally for all smartphones running BlackBerry 10, subject to carrier approvals.

fair enough BenMcr - so the question is then when will VM make it available - same question to all othet UK carriers thogh - as far as i know no one in the UK is pushing it  

Tony
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Current update on this one,

this morning, received a Blackberry hub message stating that blackberry update was available

'software release 10.3.2.2724'

and offering the option to download or wait till later.

As it's about 400meg!! chose to wait until I was home and could use wireless.

Takes about 30 mins or so to fully install, and needs a reset to complete.

Hope this is of help

0 Kudos