Menu
scooby52
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Blackberry Internet Service stopped working.

We have a Blackberry Curve 9300, which has worked fine for a few years, but email stopped on Thursday last week. By coincidence this was the same day that the SuperHub 2 tried to upgrade itself and barfed, which required a factory reset to restore the Broadband. Whilst I can't see why the SH2 problem should affect Blackberry email, its one heck of a coincidence.

Anyway, back to the Curve - voice calls are fine, wifi works fine, Mobile Data works fine, but Blackberry Internet Service shows as not connected. Tried a battery pull, deleted and re-added wifi and battery pull, requested the Host Routing table, but it's still empty. The BB is on pay monthly, and the account looks fine via Virgin Media Mobile page.

Any ideas? My wife not looking forward to calling CS as it was such a painful problem experience time.

Oh, we also tried to login to https://virginmedia.blackberry.com/ but the userid/password doesn't work anymore. Tried requesting a new password using the userid and also the BB Pin, but neither have delivered anything to the phone, or email account (which is still accessible by PC)

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 5 of 63
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Blackberry Internet Service stopped working.

Hi scooby52,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with internet on your BlackBerry.

I would like to look into this for you.

I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope, top left hand side) to gather some more information from you.

Speak soon.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Laura-C
Joining in
Message 2 of 63
Flag for a moderator

I've been experiencing the same problem with my blackberry since last week too. I've been on the phone with Virgin customer service 3 times now (very long phone calls) but they have yet to solve the problem and I'm waiting for a call back today. They sent me a new sim card but that didn't make any difference. I've been telling them since last week that it's a problem at their end and not with my phone but they're refusing to take responsibility. During the first phone call I made them aware that a friend of mine was having the same problem with his phone and they told me that it was indeed a coincidence!!! Yesterday they told me that because I don't pay any extra to receive emails on my phone or use BBM I'm not entitled to any compensation. Problem is I need to be able to read my emails on the move so this is causing a lot of inconvenience to me and I find the fact that Virgin is not admitting their fault very unprofessional. My contract will expire beginning of September and then it'll be 'bye bye Virgin'.

0 Kudos
GSC-47
Joining in
Message 3 of 63
Flag for a moderator

I have had exactly the same problem since last weekend.
0 Kudos
GSC-47
Joining in
Message 4 of 63
Flag for a moderator

I have had esactly the same problem since last weekend
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 63
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi scooby52,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with internet on your BlackBerry.

I would like to look into this for you.

I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope, top left hand side) to gather some more information from you.

Speak soon.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
KM_BB
Joining in
Message 6 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Same has happened to me - intermittent Blackberry Internet Service since Thursday, very annoying when I need to whatsapp different countries on the go! Any ideas on how to fix?

0 Kudos
Lenxx
Tuning in
Message 7 of 63
Flag for a moderator

My BB services have not been working for two weeks now......

They will pick up if connected to wifi at home but not when out and about. Went into the Virgin store in Solihull today and all they were able to suggest was phoning customer services to get through to technical services....

So gave it a go, nice lady from CS, rang me back on the landline to put me through to technical services, who promptly cut me off...

Hmmm, where to next? Something somewhere is seriously broken and is affecting a number of people, who are paying for a service  they are not getting and Virgin appear unable to fix what is now clearly a problem at their end.

Come on folks, get it sorted before I'm forced to take my son's advice and, 'Get a proper phone'.......

Len

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scooby52,

Thanks for the reply.

Really glad this sorted it out for you.

Get back to us if you need anything in future.

Take care.

Steve

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laura-C,

Thanks for postingSmiley Happy

My apologies for the loss of BlackBerry internet,

Did you get this sorted? If not I'd like to help you out with this.

I will send you a private message (red envelope, top left hand side) as I need some information to get this looked into.

Speak soon.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Hi GSC-47,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue on your BlackBerry.

I will send a private message (red envelope, top left hand side) to gather some more details from you.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos