Menu
Kidunne
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Blackberry 9720 keeps rebooting

I've had nothing but problems with this phone from losing bbm, Internet and access to blackberry world. The latest problem is the phone keeps rebooting. Every time I phone Virgin about it, I'm told a different story and told to try the exact same steps to resolve it.

Today I've been told it might be the battery so have been advised to buy a new battery to see if that solves it. I was told £10 credit has been added to my account to cover the cost of this battery but I haven't seen a battery for £10 yet. If the problem persists, I can book the phone in for a repair. 

It feels like I'm being fobbed off.

I can't wait to end my contract and I've been told if Virgin don't fix the phone, they are in breach of the contract and I can end it early. That would make me very happy. I've already cancelled one contract with them today due to poor customer services. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Blackberry 9720 keeps rebooting

Hi Kidunne,

Didn't hear back from you regarding the new battery.

Was just wondering how this went for you. Hopefully its good newsSmiley Happy

Let me know if you need anything.

Speak soon.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kidunne,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear your experiencing issues with your BlackBerry.

Due to the nature of your fault one of the checks we would ask you to perform to help diagnose your issue would be to check the battery on the phone. Batteries are classed as accessories with us and are covered by 12 months warranty. 

I'm presuming your battery is outside of this period hence why we have asked for it to be eliminated as part of our diagnostics.

Hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Kidunne
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The phone is over 12 months old but i have been credited £10 to cover the cost of a new battery. I think the battery will cost more than this though but I guess it's better than nothing.

Ive had several issues with Virgin media over the past year, some of the agents have been great and were very helpful, others have given me false information and not returned my calls. 

I have recently logged a complaint which was responded to and I replied to it. I haven't had any acknowledgment or response to this though. I don't know if I will either.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kidunne,

Thanks for the replySmiley Happy

Appreciate why you're sceptical with the information you were given.

It does look like £10 potentially is enough to cover the price of the battery. Looking around online they can start from around £8.

Let me know how it goes going forward.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Kidunne
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I received a new battery but it doesn't work at all so a replacement battery is being sent which I'm still waiting for.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kidunne,

Thanks for your reply.

Glad to hear you're getting this sorted. Gutted with the battery not working hopefully the next one will work out ok for you. 

Keep me posted.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kidunne,

Didn't hear back from you regarding the new battery.

Was just wondering how this went for you. Hopefully its good newsSmiley Happy

Let me know if you need anything.

Speak soon.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos