Menu
lukebw1990
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

BlackBerry Services

Hey all,

I have a Blackberry torch 9800

I am on a contract sim, I have tried following the interactive guide, to enable blackberry services on my phone, but this does not seem to have made any difference.

The Host Routing Table is blank!

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: BlackBerry Services

Hi lukebw1990,

Thanks for posting your query with us.

Blackberry services normally need to be enabled from our end.

I would recommend calling our mobile team on 789 or 0345 6000 789 so we can get this looked into for you.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
RonnieStanley
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have a similar problem with my BlackBerry Curve 9360 OS7 phone using PAYG.

I texted 789030 for a £2 weekly pass but by the next day I was still unable to set up email. (As Luke says, the Host Routing Table is blank.)

I did phone 789 but the lady there was unable even to see my text to 789030 or the text reply from Virgin saying that my Blackberry services were being set up.

She also said that nothing else needed to be done apart from texting 789030. She said there was nothing else that they needed to do at their end, which contradicts what Stephen_B said.

In the end, she credited my account for the £2 that had been debited & told me to try again. I re-texted but still no success. ( After re-texting, £2 was again deducted - but oddly a few minutes later my balance then went UP by £1 shortly after.)

The email account management screen on my phone still says "Unable to open email set-up application. Contact your wireless service provider."

0 Kudos
PunterNumber1
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've been without blackberry services for over 2 weeks now and after two separate 90 minute sessions with customer services/technical I'm still without them. At the end of the second session I was told that the issue was to do with server maintenance involving 'blueyonder' and 'ntl' email addresses. I was told that once this maintenance was complete (they couldn't tell me when), the services would return. Quite frankly though after a combined 3 hours on the phone, they could've told me anything.

Thankfully I'm now in a position to take my business elsewhere because the sheer dread of another phone call to sort this out is about as appealing as root canal treatment.   

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi RonnieStanley and PunterNumber1,

Thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry to hear you've been experiencing a loss of BlackBerry® services. I can see this is an inconvenience to you.

Are you still having the problems?

Have you called back since posting?

Please let me know and I'll happily assist further.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
PunterNumber1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich_B.

I still have no Blackberry services and haven't called technical support again. Forgive me but after 2 lengthy sessions on the phone going nowhere fast I couldn't face it.

I would be really grateful if you could throw any light at all on this issue. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi PunterNumber1,

Thanks for keeping me updated. I'm gutted to hear it's still not working for you.

I'll see what I can do this end for you but will need your details of course. I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos