Menu
eg93
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Billed for whole month to 30th Dec, when only ordered on the 30th? Sim not received yet

I'm a bit confused.

I've received my bill for the month (full amount) to 30th December. The same day that I ordered the sim card - of which I haven't even received yet.

So currently, I've been billed for a whole month, and still don't have hold of my sim card. Going by this on the 30th January, I will have been billed for 2 months, when I will have (hopefully) only just had the sim card for under a month. 

I'd assume this can be credited? Madness!

Ed

0 Kudos
mrgrey1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billed for whole month to 30th Dec, when only ordered on the 30th? Sim not received yet

This is similar to me as I had the exact same issue. I ordered mine on the 21st and didn't receive the sim until the 28th!

My bill has already been taken out on the 5th Jan for the period 21 Dec - 20 Jan. 

I rang up and said to them how can they take it in advance for each month. I have been told that the first month is taken in advance and the payment for 21st Jan to 20 Feb will be taken on 5 March and not 5 Feb.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billed for whole month to 30th Dec, when only ordered on the 30th? Sim not received yet

When you set up an account, the billing month starts from the day the account is set up. This is because it can be possible to get the SIM the same day that the account is activated, for instance via a Virgin Media Store.

The payment is then taken out during the month you've been billed for. Each further monthly bill you receive will be for the month in advance of the bill date, and then again the payment date will be during the month you're paying for.

So with both of you having a payment taken in January, the next payment will be in February.

You'd need to contact Virgin to discuss any credits. Normally it wouldn't be done as the SIM should arrive within 5 days.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
mrgrey1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I was told you cannot pick up a sim from the Virgin Media store and that it can be only delivered by post.

On their website it said if you order before 22nd you will have it in time for Xmas.

I have so far struggled to be connected to any UK call centres and have always been put through to the one in Phillipines and, unfortunately, the staff there do struggle to understand as their levels of English are not great.

0 Kudos
eg93
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

Ok, I see where you're coming from. But it doesn't look like that in this case, because looking at my online account it says "Your bill covers the period until 30 Dec 2016.Your allowances were refreshed on 30 Dec 2016"

Meaning the period ending 30th December. So I've been charge a full month for the period 30th December to 30th December, going by that.

Adding to that. I've never come across whereby phone bills are paid in advance. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Most bill for fixed costs in advance and usage in arrears. This is the case for Virgin's home phone service, and I know is true for other UK mobile providers. But remember that your actual payment will be a period after the bill so you're normally actually paying part in arrears i.e. you've used some of the tariff already, and some in advance.

I'm not sure what has happened in your particular case, as your first bill should cover the advance period from the bill date to a month after that. And then you'll then get the bill on the same date each following month, with the tariff covering the month ahead.
0 Kudos
eg93
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oh ok. It may mean for additional charges then!

I was just shocked to see a bill date the same day I ordered it! I'm sure it'll level out if I get to the point of cancelling it in the future.

In regards to getting refunded for the days that I haven't had the sim, how do I go abouts doing that?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You'd need to speak to the Customer Services team. If you ordered on the 30th then it is reaching the end of the normal time it takes to get the SIM.

Also they may want to you have had the SIM so they now the exact timescale you wish to discuss
0 Kudos