Menu
Andyhindes96
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Being charged for international texts.

I am on a sim only monthly contract and as of now it says I have spent £4.00 sending texts internationally which I have not and it also says that this isn't apart of the contract which I know, also I have not sent any texts I have only been using data and minutes.
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being charged for international texts.

Hi Andyhindes96,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message, I hope you had a good holiday Smiley Happy

When going abroad and you come home home to a suprise it's not the best feeling sometimes. I would like to know if you have been able to identify the number of which these charges are coming from? You should be able to see this by looking at your bill online or on your paper statement, (if this is your method).

Please stay in touch and if you need anything please let me know.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Andyhindes96
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I rang someone who works for Virgin media they told me that the texts are being directed to 0019253539035 which turned out to be Mcafee security in America updating, i reset my phone to cancel the updates but it does it automatically 30p every couple of minutes. I cannot delete the app because it comes with the phone!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andyhindes96,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your Mcafee app is automatically sending international texts. 

Have you been able to stop the automatic updates? Please let us know.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Andyhindes96
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am unable to stop the automatic updates. I cannot delete the app as it was already on the phone, if i take it to a shop could they remove the app?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andyhindes96,

Thanks for getting back to me. No, we wouldn't be able to remove the app from your phone as it sounds that it is part of the device firmware if you can't uninstall it. Did you purchase your device handset from Virgin Mobile? 

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Andyhindes96
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nope, im just not going to continue my contract its too much hassle, ive spent nearlt £20 on a contract that was meant to be £10.
0 Kudos