Menu
Planetschmanet
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Barred calls

Hi
I am suddenly unable to call a contact. Voice says "calls to this number are barred" I have not been blocked. Virgin sent me a new sim. This didn't work. I have reset the network and deleted and re added the number. Still doesn't work. I can message the number but can't call it. They can call me.
Virgin have said it's a known Virgin network fault but are not offering a timescale to fix it. Virgin on twitter forwarded me to here. Please help. Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Barred calls

Hi Planetschmanet,

is the number in question a mobile begining 074?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
Planetschmanet
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alexkid
Yes it does

0 Kudos
brownbloke
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin don't seem to have a clue. This issue has been ongoing since Plusnet took over Life Mobile at the end of November. Since then they have had this issue but seem totally incompetent in getting it fixed. You will be able to text your friend, but Virgin will charge a premium rate text message for that. 

Their people on Facebook just refer us back to this forum, where there seems to be no comment from Virgin about what uis actually wrong. To me it is simply a case of adding the phone prefix to their call barring / premium rate tables and propagating them across the network, which should have taken a day at most. 

I urge you to register your disapproval on their Facebook page, on Trust Pilot, with OFCOM - anything that will make them take some ownership of the issue and get it fixed. They say it is being treated with high priority but I don't think they actually know and certainly have not provided any information to anyone about what the cause is and when it will be fixed. 

0 Kudos
JaneV1ginSmith
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

AND VIRGIN ARE DELETING MY REPLY ON THIS THREAD TOO.

**bleep**S!

0 Kudos
JaneV1ginSmith
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Instigated by by email to the CEO, I received a call from a helpful lady in his office who advised me that call from Virgin mobile numbers to 074 number ranges are not being successfully connected.The 074 number range is used for some Plusnet numbers, Giff Gaff, Lycra and wait for it...some Virgin mobile numbers too!

Despite the message heard by Virgin customers "Calls to this number are blocked", the calls are not blocked. This is a major technical fault the Virgin engineers are working on. No time-scale for resolution is available, but a  large number of people are affected and Virgin is putting a lot of work, currently and over the last few weeks to resolve.

Basically it's a major problem, they are working behind the scenes to fix and it will be resolved ASAP and please bear with them.

So hopefully it will shortly be resolved.

0 Kudos