Menu
paulallison
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Barred calls

When I  use my Virgin contract mobile to call my wife's PAYG mobile with Three, Virgin give me a message saying calls to this number are barred. This same problem applies to all Virgin phones trying to ring her. Virgin also mysteriously charges 15p premium rate for any texts sent to her. Three changed the SIM card, but the same thing happened. Both SIM card numbers began with 0747, and it seems Virgin regard them as premium, which they are not. Any help?

Forum Team (Retired) Rita-B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Barred calls

Hi paulallison,

Thank you for your post.

If all Virgin numbers are barred calling your wife's number, i would check the settings on her phone.

If you are being charged texting the number, i would recommend calling our customer care team on 789 (any Virgin Mobile Phone) or 150 (Virgin Land line) or 0845 6000 789 (from any other Landline) so they can look in to this further for you.

Let me know how you get on,

Rita B
Help & Support Forum Team

0 Kudos
paulallison
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately this is nothing to do with my wife's settings - no-one with a Virgin phone can get through to a bog standard Three number beginning 0747. Only Virgin regard this as a premium number. Problem still not solved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rita-B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi paulallison,

Thank you for your response, i have looked in to this further for you.  I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience, we are dealing with this matter and once i have a resolution for you, i will get back to you.

I am extremely sorry again.

Rita B
Help & Support Forum Team

0 Kudos
toxic38
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Having an identical problem - Virgin Customer advisor told me it's a marketing number which is categorically untrue, it is the father of my child's number on the Three network beginning 0747, just a standard pay as you go SIM.   Virgin offered to halve my hugely inflated bill which is no use really 1) because I shouldn't have to pay for any of these additional charges as this is not a premium number whether Virgin think this or not 2) because this is a number I need to text often therefore reducing my last bill absolutely does not solve the problem.  Please could you tell me how the above problem was resolved as I need a resolution also. If this cannot be rectified I must leave Virgin as this contract flaw renders my contract useless. Clearly other people are having the same issue and it very bad for Virgin's reputation if the issue is going unresolved. 

0 Kudos
paulallison
Tuning in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Any sign of a resolution yet? It appears Virgin have known about this problem for at least three years according to online forums.

I am dissatisfied with your response and would appreciate a timeline of action to resolve the problem. If you can't then I feel justified in asking that my contract with you ends immediately, as you are not providing the necessary service and are unable to explain why. All you have to do is 0747 numbers to your list and the problem is solved. Why have you not done this? What is the real reason?

KRG1234
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have recently discovered that I am also having this issue... calls to a number starting 0747 have gone from being barred (message I was getting over the weekend when I tried to call it) to being PERMANENTLY barred (message I have begun to get yesterday). After checking my bill online, I am also being charged for texts to this number even though I am on the Sim Only 15 a month unlimited contract.

I contacted 789 customer services this morning and have had my bill reduced to the correct amount. I have told Virgin that they have 24 hours to rectify this problem (although as it seems to be an ongoing issue I will be most surprised if they do) if not I will be cancelling my contract and will not be paying any fees that this occurs. I am also going to look into reporting them for breech of contract.

Have any other users with this issue had it resolved satisfactorily?

0 Kudos
toxic38
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Having no luck myself - been emailing to and fro for a week now and just submitted a letter of complaint via email.  Not been offered the full amount of the cost of texts refunded - just reduced amount so you are lucky in a way!  I'm pretty livid with Virgin right now as they are ignoring my argument that other networks don't regard this as premium and nothing in their policy says anything about 0747 numbers.  Tried calling today and guess what?  They are having 'technical issues'. 

Would be hugely grateful if people kept updating how their similar issue is being investigated/resolved via this thread as this really needs sorting.  Totally unacceptable Virgin!

0 Kudos
wsmchris
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Having exactly the same problem with my girlfriends 3 number, I am being charged premium rate for sms and am unable to call her as barred . With have to cancel contract if this is not sorted soon as I have quite a few 3 numbers in my family starting 0747. 

Please can a mod give us an update on what is going on.

0 Kudos
toxic38
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Emailed a letter of complaint to Virgin yesterday and had an email back from them today.  They now say that the 0747 prefix is fairly new to the 3 network and because of this Virgin don't numbers beginning with this  as normal numbers.  

Apparently this will be fixed from Mon 18th Nov (assuming this means calls will no longer be barred & texts not charged within contract limitations).  I've also been assured I'll be credited for any texts charged up to 18th Nov.  Hoping you all have the same result.

0 Kudos