Menu
JoRo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Barred Calls

My wife has a Virgin mobile phone. My daughter has a Co-op mobile phone. Since lunchtime today every time the wife phones daughter she gets the message, "Calls to this number are barred."

I can phone daughter from a VM landline or a Vodafone mobile. 

Three other people with Virgin mobiles are experiencing the same problem.

I have phoned the Virgin helpline and been told it's a problem for the Co-op and I've phoned the Co-op Mobile helpline and been told it's a problem for Virgin Mobile.

Any suggestions please?

Helpful Answers
BrianF49
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Barred Calls

I don't know what Co-op numbers start with but I have the same problem when trying to phone ex Life mobile (now Plusnet) numbers. I rang 789 and was told that this is a know problem when trying to ring numbers beginning 074. They are working on a fix but can't say when it will be resolved.

All Replies
BrianF49
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I don't know what Co-op numbers start with but I have the same problem when trying to phone ex Life mobile (now Plusnet) numbers. I rang 789 and was told that this is a know problem when trying to ring numbers beginning 074. They are working on a fix but can't say when it will be resolved.

JoRo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Daughters number begins 07421. So this would fit in with your experience. Thank you for your reply. However, I don't understand why the wife has been able to phone our daughter without any problem before last Thursday and now she is unable to do so. Very strange! Your answer has at least stopped me feeling I am alone with the problem which was the impression I got when I phoned the Virgin Mobile customer services. I am grateful for that.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joro

Apologies for the difficulties contacting your daughter's number. We are aware of issues around contacting 074 numbers at the moment and we do have our network team on the case. We don't currently have an update on the issue but as soon as we do we'll let you know.

Regards

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
EABowden
Joining in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

My son has a LIFE (now plusnet) mobile number starting 074. Why are Virgin barring calls to this number, and why are your customer service operators telling callers that the issue is with HIS network if this is a known issue?

This USED to work fine and no other network has any issue calling him. What has Virgin done and why can't you fix it immediately - my son is autistic and we MUST be able to get hold of him. 

BrianF49
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Forum Team,

Can you please give a meaningful update on this issue. The problem has existed since at least last Thursday and there has been no indication of when it will be resolved. There are several related threads on this forum showing that a number of your customers are affected by this. A search of the forum also shows that this type of problem has occurred several times in the past and eventually been resolved, so it would seem that your technical people must at least have an idea of what is wrong. 

Perhaps you could explain exactly what the problem is and let us know whether there is a target time for it to be resolved. Is it actively being looked at or is it in a queue somewhere.  It is important to me that I am able to contact the members of my family with 074 mobile numbers and it is clear from reading the other posts that I am not alone in this regard. Is the problem being given the importance it deserves?

Rosietee77
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem with my plusnet phone.  I have just been on the phone to virgin who were as helpful as a chocolate fireguard.

It is their problem and apparently had it for a while. They told me it does not recognise 074 numbers.  The customer service is atrocious. I have just left Virgin because of problems and they have followed me

elch
Hanging out
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Just seen this on the gifgaff forum:https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Support/Unable-to-receive-calls-from-Virgin-phones-I-can-call...

I've been having exactly the same issues as an 074 number on Plusnet. Why is this such an issue Virgin and why has it taken so long to resolve? What's the point in paying all that money for a contract if you can't even contact the ones most important to you?

0 Kudos
ntlcableuser
Tuning in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

This would appear to have happened before with VM

Wonder if they will be auto crediting the 15p text charge due to what clearly appears to be a VM error

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Phone/0739-numbers/td-p/3014149

My other half (VM) is also being hit by this in trying to call me (Plusnet) and has been texting me.

Auto refund required before bill date.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

I'm sorry that you are all experiencing a problem calling 074 numbers from your Virgin mobile. We haven't received an update on this yet, but checking on this, I can see that our technicians are working to resolve this issue.

As soon as we have more information on this, we will be back in touch. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this issue causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos