Menu
Emcharlton
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bad mobile internet signal

Hello,

I got back from being abroad about a week and a half ago, when I first got back I had no signal for virgin whatsoever. I tried turning it on and off and taking the sim card out but it said emergency calls only. I had to manually search for and connect to virgin so now whenever I lose connection it says I have no service and that notification cannot be cleared. Since doing this my internet has been a lot worse too. It says I have H or H+ (which is usually the best I got, never had 3G with virgin.) But compared to usual on H it has been very slow and won't load pictures or videos. I also don't have any wifi at the moment so it's been pretty difficult having barely any access to the internet.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thank you in advance
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad mobile internet signal

Hi Emcharlton,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your mobile service. Has this started working again for you?

You can check your signal coverage here: Mobile Coverage Checker

If you are still having a problem with this please let me know. I'll need to take more details from you, so I'll send you a private message. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure you have not gone over Virgin's fair use for data (3.5GB) and are being slowed down?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

H is faster than 3G H+ is faster than H max values of course

0 Kudos