Menu
SVAnderson
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Bad credit? No the phones just out of stock!

I ordered the new S6 yesterday. I picked this phone because I have arthritis pretty much everywhere over my body and I found this phone comfortable to hold.

Received 2 emails that contradicted each other. One, saying I couldn't have the phone because or bad credit, and another with an order number saying to call and discuss the order.

I phoned up and spoke to someone, and found out it had nothing to do with my credit the phone was just out of stock!!

They put it on my account to phone me when it comes back in I was very unhappy.

I called up the complaints line to make a complaint. Told the woman how unhappy I was and she put me on hold. At 33mins and 52second I was either cut off or hung up on.

Needless to say I'm NOT happy. How dare you make out like its my fault I can't have the phone. How dare you not take my complaint seriously and how dare you cut me off of hold like that!!!! 

If someone doesn't get back to me soon I will be taking this further and I will be cancelling my internet with you and taking my business elsewhere.

0 Kudos
SVAnderson
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad credit? No the phones just out of stock!

Pretty much every other post got a reply from a moderator but mine didn't. Way to keep your customers Virgin!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi SVAnderson,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm very sorry to hear of the problems you've been having trying to order a new S6 handset. I fully understand the emails are contradictory. I'm not sure why you were sent both.

What's the latest update with this?

Have you heard back from the team yet?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
SVAnderson
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Lady name Gisele in complaints offered her apologise and a small compensation, and said if I continued to process my order to contact her again and she would see what else she could do.

Currently on the phone trying to process order, being told no credit check as been done. Waiting on hold for manager at the moment.

The likely hood of me leaving Virgin completely is increasing every second they leave me here.
0 Kudos
SVAnderson
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am livid. Never in my life have a experience such poor service. I have sent another email and I will be contacting trading standards if I don't get a response today.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi SVAnderson,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry to hear the call didn't go so well. I was desperately hoping for better news.

What was the outcome of the call you were on?

Who have you sent the email to?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
SVAnderson
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well after being on hold for what I estimate as being around half an hour or more, the manager said that someone else would give me a call later to finish processing the order as I didn't want to give my bank details again. A credit check has already been done and Virgin lied about the results. Each time someone runs a credit check against your name it looks bad on your credit score. I've already had a problem with various different companies running check on me for no reason without my permission so I didn't want them to do another. Due to this, they said the order had to be processed with the original sale representative, which I think is absolutely ridiculous. She said that this should happen by the end of the day and said goodbye. I said I had another question but she hung up on me.

I sent an email to the complaints department. It is address to Gisele, as she dealt with the original complaint, but a response from anyone would be good!

0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am a Technology Columnist and would like to include some of this in an article would that be ok with you? and can I use your username? please get back to me 

0 Kudos
mphippen
Dialled in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This whole 'take out a loan to get a phone' thing is disgraceful, and leads to situations like this. And, as the OP says, can lead to unwanted credit checks against you. Bad move to force this in us, Virgin. You seem to be doing this a lot, lately - making blanket decisions about what we want, and how we want it. Where's the choice?
0 Kudos
SVAnderson
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Dazm33, I sent you a private message.

And just as an update to the mods. I received no phone call or email yesterday. I shall be contacting trading standards and watchdog.