Menu
BadInternet
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Bad Mobile Internet

I have been on holiday for two weeks in the Lake district. According to Virgin I should have same coverage as EE users....NOPE.. I had GPRS the whole time while my friends on EE they had 3G and 4G....To make things worse I have come back home and the internet in my area is now worse than it was. I'm supossed to have really good coverage yet i barely have signal for calls, no signal in my house. THe main issue is the internet it says H+ but struggles to open internet and any games that use internet conncection barely work. I have tried different phone still the same. I have a work phone on VOdaphone which works perfect.. Any one else experiencing rubbish Mobile internet with Virgin? had i know it would be this bad i would of gone direct to EE. I have tried googling but all I can find is Virgin actually only have 80% coverage using EE network...I have called virgin who "reset my internet settings" DIDNT WORK.  Can someone please help? I have Sony z3....

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad Mobile Internet

Do a manual network search, if there is an option for virgin in a lower case v choose that one

0 Kudos
BadInternet
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for the reply, i tries that all I get is Virgin 2g and Virgin 3g. Tried both still bad Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
ReadingIntoIt
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We all have rubbish Mobile Internet.

Pretty much every other network can get fast 4G, Virgin is crippled by being restricted to 3G.

If Virgin still piggyback EE, maybe it is EE being tyrants by severly limiting Virgin's mobile internet. OR it could be Virgin Mobile lack decent negotiating minds to drum out a deal for 4G.

Virgin Mobile bussiness customers can get 4G though, assuming that is still in effect. WOOP for them.

Virgin Mobile hate their normal customers with a passion.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BadInternet,

I'm sorry that you have poor signal coverage on your mobile. Thanks for letting us know that you have been having this problem in different areas. 

I've check your area and it's reporting back:

VERY GOOD

Your phone should work outdoors and inside most houses, with variable coverage in commercial buildings.

The settings on your account are all correct, so this leads me to believe that you may have a problem with your SIM card--has this been changed for you recently?

I'll need to take more information from you so I can look into this further for you, so I will send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BadInternet,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your Virgin Mobile service, as I haven't received a response from you yet.
If you are still having problems with this and would like for me to look into this for you, please let me know.
Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos