Menu
Nick504
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Awful repair experience

I think this might fall on deaf ears as it seems to have so far.

I booked in a repair a few weeks ago because the camera on my phone was broken, sent it off okay and then waited.  The phone was sent back via DPD UK who then proceeded to lose track of it, fail delivery and it eventually showed up again in their depot 5 days later where I had to drive to pick it up.  This was 12 days without a phone which is essential to my work and life in general.  I complained as was in touch with DPD via email, they were useless but at least I could get hold of them.  Virgin however it was impossible to contact about the issue as I had no phone and not once in the 5 days when the phone was missing was an online advisor available to talk to.  It was ridiculous.

Once I finally got the phone then I switch it on to find that the camera has not been fixed, absolutely no change, looks like they just re-packed it in the box and sent it back.  I called up Virgin again and spoke to a man who said that since the repair had failed they would look to replace the handset, fair enough, but he was having technical difficulties and would call back in an hour to confirm, promised.  3 hours later with no call and I called back and got through to a woman who had no notes of this conversation but tells me I have to send the phone back in to repair.  Seriously?  You had it to repair and didn't, what are you going to do a second time?  Just leave me without a phone again?  Thanks for that.  I tried speaking to someone else too who confirmed I would need to send it back in, so it looks like that is what is happening, this is an absolute joke.  

The whole process has been the worst experience I have ever had with a company.  I seem to just be speaking to people who are ticking boxes rather than trying to make sure things are working for me.

The worst part of this is that the phone had problems when I first received it, when I called to get it changed they told me to do a few resets which temporarily fixed the fault but then took me outside of the exchange period and the problem returned.  Now it is permanently broken and Virgin are failing to repair it and leaving my business to suffer whilst they go through the motions. What am I to expect of the repair team if they were too incompetent to fix and even identify the problem the first time around?  Unacceptable at every step.

enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful repair experience

What make is the phone? Often going through the manufacturers repair service is a much better option.

0 Kudos
Nick504
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sony Xperia E5, not a great phone but it should at least work.  It is under warranty through Virgin so its up to them to sort it out, I've only had it 4 months.

0 Kudos
mancton
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Having to send my 3 week old iPhone back today for repair absolutely dreading it. Did u get any form of compo for loss of service?
0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

https://mysupport.sonymobile.com/gb/repair.htm#/

Going by the posts on here I would avoid Virgin repair.

iPhones, just book with your nearest Apple Store

Nick504
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They briefly mentioned some form of compo but I'm not holding my breath on it.

0 Kudos