Menu
Jcow
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Awful customer service avoid Virgin

I signed up for a £13 a month contract with Virgin mobile for an LG spirit and ported my number from o2 on the 27th of July 2015.

From day one the handset was faulty (heats up and is immensely slow) and the service unsatisfactory (1 bar of 3g signal that cuts out consistently). Recently recieved a replacement ( boot looping so another faulty handset).

The big problem occured when I tried to cancel and generate my pac code I started on the 28th of July 2015 and didnt even get a resolution till the 30th of July 2015 too which the reply I got from the advisor was sorry our system will not let you cancel and generate a pac code.

So I went ahead and contacted ofcom who forwarded a complaint to Virgin mobile I then recieved a phone call from a ken dugdale at Virgin mobile stating that I will have to wait up to 30 days to cancel and generate my pac code and that he will make the bill free of charge during this period so I requested a phone out of goodwill so I could use this provided service up until it is cancelled he went ahead and sent me £20 which is still to be recieved in my bank account stating that this is enough for a smartphone (we all know that it really isn't so I have sent an email listing the resolution I want and that I will be contacting the ombudsman to log this complaint and seeking legal action upon no desired resolution) I asked for an equal value handset and compensation for the stress caused by hours (about 12 so far) speaking to there rude customer service agents.

I contacted the ombudsman and now am awaiting a reply.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful customer service avoid Virgin

You're still within the 14 day cooling off period. Just phone 789, select "I'm thinking of leaving" and tell them the signal is inadequate where you live and that you need to cancel.

Nevermind. Just realised you said you ported your number on 27th July. That's not necessarily when you started your contract.

The above is what you should have done when you realised the handset and signal were inadequate for your needs.

0 Kudos
Jcow
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@gorf I ported on the 27th and when I signed up for the contract they told me the coverage checker said 5 bars 3g excellent coverage my contract started on the 27th and they will not allow me to cancel and port believe me I have tried
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@ForumTeam need to look into this because it's time sensitive.

If your contract started on the day you transferred your number, you are within your cooling off period. Whoever told you that you can't cancel is simply incorrect. I'll flag it up for the team on another forum...

0 Kudos
Jcow
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ken at the executive office told me I can't cancel & generate my pac

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jcow,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'd like to apologise for the unsatisfactory service you've been receiving. This is clearly not a nice experience for you especially being a new customer.

I'd very much like to help. I'll now send you a private message to discuss the next steps. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Jcow
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Finally sorted and cancelled goodbye shoddy network thank God for the ombudsman and ofcom
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jcow,

Thanks for keeping me updated.

I was in the process of writing you a private message but seeing as things have been sorted for you I'll not bother now.

I apologise once again for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Jcow wrote:

Ken at the executive office told me I can't cancel & generate my pac

Ken is wrong.

You can request a PAC at any time and Virgin is obliged to give it to you, on demand. They have to tell you during the call where you request it, or send it by text within two hours.

If you still have months to run on your contract, or owe them money, or are in any other dispute, it's irrelevant - they must give you a PAC.

If you use it, Virgin's internal systems will close your account and attempt to take payment for any outstanding balance.

0 Kudos